• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I have a 2016 Laramie Longhorn Eco Diesel I bought new. Great truck. Excellent mileage.

mderickson

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
I tried to take advantage of the $3000 offer Dodge offered to meet omissions requirements. After several attempts I gave up and just kept driving it. I also have had trouble getting a different recall as the local dealer can't get the part and I've heard that part is critical to prevent engine failure. Any suggestions?

mderickson

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
I am interested in knowing the what type of engine damage can occur.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
A class action lawsuit alleges Fiat Chrysler (FCA) sold hundreds of thousands of Ram 1500 trucks equipped with defective exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) coolers between June 12, 2013 to October 23, 2019. The suit claims that the EGR coolers are prone to thermal fatigue, which makes the coolers more prone to internal cracks over time. An internal crack will then introduce preheated, vaporized coolant to the EGR system while the engine is running. This is a potentially dangerous situation as the intake manifold may combust and result in a vehicle fire if the mixture interacts with other hydrocarbons and air in the system. One of the plaintiffs in the class experienced just this: her truck suddenly lost power and caught fire.

A. (2021, January 15). Ram 1500 EGR Cooler Recall. California Consumer Attorneys, P.C. https://thelemonfirm.com/2021/01/18/ram-1500-egr-cooler-recall/

mderickson

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
A class action lawsuit alleges Fiat Chrysler (FCA) sold hundreds of thousands of Ram 1500 trucks equipped with defective exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) coolers between June 12, 2013 to October 23, 2019. The suit claims that the EGR coolers are prone to thermal fatigue, which makes the coolers more prone to internal cracks over time. An internal crack will then introduce preheated, vaporized coolant to the EGR system while the engine is running. This is a potentially dangerous situation as the intake manifold may combust and result in a vehicle fire if the mixture interacts with other hydrocarbons and air in the system. One of the plaintiffs in the class experienced just this: her truck suddenly lost power and caught fire.

A. (2021, January 15). Ram 1500 EGR Cooler Recall. California Consumer Attorneys, P.C. https://thelemonfirm.com/2021/01/18/ram-1500-egr-cooler-recall/
Thank you I appreciate your effort.

Hapahaole

Aug 7, 2021
Truck Year
Welcome to the forum. I ended up going to my local dealer and having them order the parts and call me as soon as they came in. I did bother them every few days so as to expedite the process a bit. 😉😂😂