• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

In Violation Of Clean Air Act, 300K fine for "Defeat Devices"

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/09...ompany-receives-300k-fine-for-defeat-devices/

The EPA put other tuning companies on notice in their settlement as well. Susan Bodine, assistant administrator for EPA’s Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance said: “Manufacturers and sellers of automotive emissions control defeat devices should stand up and take notice of this settlement.

It looks like SCT will need to contact former owners and re-call or send out corrections to the tune of 6.25 million.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep....

Talk about a greedy company, at a greedy forum Geez why not just PM the member, I see the need on the 3.0 but advertising in such a manner is professional suicide.

Also in that official statement is a touchtone for the 3.0, FCA is clearly going to be found violating the CAA, and the outcome is clear in the Statement.

Capture.JPG

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If your going to sell illegal products its best to do it discreetly, How about PM the member, and keep your name off the Internet, SCT Bully Dog sold the unlock cable that's now is considered illegal (6.7 Cummins). according to the final decision.

I again believe the Precedents is clear in the final Courts decision.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The fact is, likely anyone that is selling aftermarket "tuners" are at risk. I feel like more and more each day, tuning is slowing coming to a end.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The fact is, likely anyone that is selling aftermarket "tuners" are at risk. I feel like more and more each day, tuning is slowing coming to a end.

I agree, I I see Johns Point, I've been through process to get our hard parts certified, it sucks.

When you go to a public forum and comment(s) you make to support Violations is admissible in the courts, You can advertise whatever you want on your website also, But the bridge in the courts may find it not supportive.

Example : I was given a ticket for both of My Snowmobiles (I operated by Me the other by wife), They were siting un-operated park next to the Trailer, the US forest service pull up and asked how the riding was, I mentioned we went to brooks lake Lodge for lunch and to Buy Permits , I stated We WERE NOT operating the machines when you pull up, The US Forest service agent claimed " I said " I also said I got 7 virgins last night do you believe that. He was a real jerk.

I went to court and stated Brooks lake lodge was out of Permits so we stop at the unload spot and were going to go to Lava mountain to buy for the permits VAI Pickup) ,Its Ditch banging from the unload spot to lava mountain and I don't like it. I also stated we were NOT riding when the Agent pull up...the Agent stated I said I was riding so that give him the lawful right to ticket Me, I rebutted again with what I said also I got 7 virgins , The judge asked the agent if he believed I got 7 virgins the night before, He refused to answer...If he would have said yes The judge would have believed he was liar, No then why did you ticket Him, the judge dismissed the charges on the grounds you cannot be convicted on what you said Without being mirandized, and that the law clearly states MUST operated on trail.

If I would have claimed on snowest I operated My snowmobile without a permit that's admissible and I'm sure the US forest service looks for violation on Public sites , Their NO privacy on a public site.

B. Smith

Feb 20, 2018
Truck Year
OMG the tree huggers are going to win again. Tunes have been around for so many years. This isn't something new. Damn bureaucrats.