• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intake manifold and fuel system failure

Bison Slayer

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
So I have a 2014 with 148,000 miles on it. The intake manifold failed, and the shop says that the whole fuel system from the lift to the injectors are bad. The warranty company says that they need to send an inspector over to find out why everything died at the same time. The fuel lifter went bad and some how killed everything else. The intake manifold was so plugged that the butter fly valves could not move and the shaft that moves them broke.... This is the info I got from them, has anyone had this issue too? How do I stop this from happening again? Does the GDE tune help the fuel system too or just the EGR system? If I get the GDE tune, do I leave the EGR tube (that goes into the intake manifold) in or take it out and plug the holes with the caps?

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
So I have a 2014 with 148,000 miles on it. The intake manifold failed, and the shop says that the whole fuel system from the lift to the injectors are bad. The warranty company says that they need to send an inspector over to find out why everything died at the same time. The fuel lifter went bad and some how killed everything else. The intake manifold was so plugged that the butter fly valves could not move and the shaft that moves them broke.... This is the info I got from them, has anyone had this issue too? How do I stop this from happening again? Does the GDE tune help the fuel system too or just the EGR system? If I get the GDE tune, do I leave the EGR tube (that goes into the intake manifold) in or take it out and plug the holes with the caps?
you can leave the egr tube in place with gde (it becomes non-functional) but if you want it to look stock (some guys do in states that have visual emission testing inspections). Yes, get a tune if you want to prevent it from happening again. The soot is a killer of these engines.

Bison Slayer

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
you can leave the egr tube in place with gde (it becomes non-functional) but if you want it to look stock (some guys do in states that have visual emission testing inspections). Yes, get a tune if you want to prevent it from happening again. The soot is a killer of these engines.
Thank you. Is there any engine oil cleaner that I can use to get the sludge out that has already been built up from blow by?

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
Some guys do intake foaming, and others say don't do it cause it can create a worse mess. I left mine alone and so far, after a tune, no issues...