• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

IT IS IN THE MAIL

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I just checked the status of my Ram Ecodiesel Settlement. The site says SETTLEMENT CHECK MAILED. Just wanted to get the word out to everyone.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I just checked the status of my Ram Ecodiesel Settlement. The site says SETTLEMENT CHECK MAILED. Just wanted to get the word out to everyone.
Thanks Ram For Life. Every time I check on mine (done in mid-May), it just indicates the AEM flash was done; no movement on it yet at all. Also I pester them a couple times a week about not only the $3075 settlement check, but the $2740 for the cracked EGR cooler I paid for out of my pocket prior to that now being covered under the extended warranty with the emissions settlement. All I can get out of them for both checks is "It's being reviewed by a case worker; you should get paid." ("Should..." bothers me, though technically they're bound to reimburse me.)

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks Ram For Life. Every time I check on mine (done in mid-May), it just indicates the AEM flash was done; no movement on it yet at all. Also I pester them a couple times a week about not only the $3075 settlement check, but the $2740 for the cracked EGR cooler I paid for out of my pocket prior to that now being covered under the extended warranty with the emissions settlement. All I can get out of them for both checks is "It's being reviewed by a case worker; you should get paid." ("Should..." bothers me, though technically they're bound to reimburse me.)
I hope they take care of you . Do you have a GDE tune on the truck ? If so engine or trans or both.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
No - I'm considering the GDE Tune or SofaKing Tune. But am concerned about the over 10% failure rate on these engines, and apparently some issues with fires as well, so a Hemi is starting to look more and more attractive. (Obviously want my $3075 PLUS my reimbursement for the EGR Cooler repair first!) Thanks! - Mark

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
No - I'm considering the GDE Tune or SofaKing Tune. But am concerned about the over 10% failure rate on these engines, and apparently some issues with fires as well, so a Hemi is starting to look more and more attractive. (Obviously want my $3075 PLUS my reimbursement for the EGR Cooler repair first!) Thanks! - Mark
I just talk to someone at Green Diesel they were very, very helpful and I like the fact of driving a ram 1500 with a diesel. It makes great talk at the gas pump. But in life it all comes down to what you want.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I just talk to someone at Green Diesel they were very, very helpful and I like the fact of driving a ram 1500 with a diesel. It makes great talk at the gas pump. But in life it all comes down to what you want.
I've heard great things about both GDE and SofaKing Tune. Certainly is something I'll do (one or the other) if I hang onto it!

earl earl

Jun 18, 2019
Truck Year
can you tell me more about the settlement on your egr cooler mind was just replaced to day 4000 dollatrs

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I've heard great things about both GDE and SofaKing Tune. Certainly is something I'll do (one or the other) if I hang onto it!
Green Diesel has been around since 2009 sofa king is new to the game. Most readers on this phone have the truck tune but Green Diesel

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Green Diesel has been around since 2009 , sofa king is new to the game. Most readers on this phone have the truck tune but Green Diesel
Green Diesel has been around since 2009 sofa king is new to the game. Most readers on his forum have their truck tune by Green Diesel .

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I had my AEM flash done in mid-May. I just got the 'offer extended package' in this morning's email. Kind of a pain - sign in several places, get it notarized and then either scan/email it back, or send it snail-mail. Plus, as my RAM was a 'demo' the dealership had for less than a year, FCA will only initially pay $2460, and I have to wait until August 1 for them to confirm no 'previous owner' tries to get in on the remaining $615. (You can choose to wait for the entire amount, but that pushes it out to mid-August or later.) My salesman was co-owner of the dealership and sadly passed away shortly after I bought the truck, so I'm assured there will be no claim made by him. = ( Don't know when it'll be 'in the mail' but it's finally moving forward. (I'll be emailing the signed and notarized document back to them today after I find a nearby Notary.) And the email now indicates the check will be mailed "...within six weeks of the signed and notarized offer package." So it might be August before I get one check anyway. = \

Attachments

• FCA_Offer.PNG
    FCA_Offer.PNG
    78.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
More news: I printed off the 'offer' documents, signed them, got a nearby notary to sign off on them, scanned and emailed them back. So far so good. I checked my claim status about 30 minutes later, and was pleased and surprised to see:

- Claim Submitted - check
- Document Package Complete - check
- Offer Extended - check
- Signed Offer Letter and Signed and Notarized Release Received - check
- Signed Offer Letter and Signed and Notarized Release Verified - check

But then, on the next line...

X - Approved Emissions Modifications Installed X

So my frustration level rises. They are indicating I need to have the V08 ECM AEM recall work performed - WHICH WAS DONE IN MID-MAY. AND, they emailed me back (after I sent in the notarized documents) indicating nothing can be done until the recall work is performed.
Of course I called them, and the poor gal I spoke with is like, "I don't understand this... our systems clearly show you have had the recall work done - it posted May 22nd - and there is nothing more we need." So - just to be SURE THEY HAVE THEM - I emailed her newly-scanned copies of the work order from the dealership proving the V08 recall work HAS BEEN DONE, and she attached them to both of my cases. (One is for the emissions settlement and that payout, the other for the EGR cooler repairs they're supposed to reimburse me for.) I didn't take out my frustrations on her, but I did in my emails back to them and suggested they need to get their act together! So who knows when this will actually be completed; for all I know, it'll go through the whole 'review' process again. What a circus! :confused: (n)

UPDATE: I called the dealership. Not only did they confirm they did the work, and confirmed it was sent to FCA, they already GOT PAID by FCA for doing the recall work! So there's a huge disconnect there on the claims processing side somewhere.

Last edited:

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
New Question: Based on the circus I'm dealing with right now, has ANYONE actually RECEIVED a check from FCA for this emissions settlement?
Inquiring minds want to know...
:unsure:

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
New Question: Based on the circus I'm dealing with right now, has ANYONE actually RECEIVED a check from FCA for this emissions settlement?
Inquiring minds want to know...
:unsure:
Just deposited mine in the bank today - $3,075

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
If you don't mind telling us:
1. When did you file the paperwork,
2. Get the claim verified
3. Have the flash done (and how is it?)
4. Send in the notarized stuff
Can you give us a timeline and where are you?
Thanks

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Nice. I'll initially (if it ever arrives) only get $2460; the balance allegedly will be sent if no other owner makes a claim. (I was kind of the second owner; the truck had been driven by the owner of the dealership for less than a year, but he's since passed away, so I don't believe he'll be filing a claim...) But I have to wait until August 1, and then it'll probably be until the end of the year before I get the $615 for the entire $3075 - at least the way FCA is dragging their feet on everything related to this topic...

scott554

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Can anyone advise if they recived an email or letter stating there packet was recived with all the paper? I filled it all out mailed in and still have nothing. I have tried to check status but it wants a customer number. Just trying to see if I need to redo my papers again.
Thanks

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Can anyone advise if they recived an email or letter stating there packet was recived with all the paper? I filled it all out mailed in and still have nothing. I have tried to check status but it wants a customer number. Just trying to see if I need to redo my papers again.
Thanks
Give it about two more weeks and call FCA they should have all the paperwork or at least be able to tell you the status of your claim.