• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Just bought a '16 Crew Cab Long Horn 4x4

strangers2ourselves

May 15, 2019
Truck Year
Glad to be part of the group! Lots of useful info here that helped me finally pull the trigger.

On the ride home from the lot I was falling in love until I hit about 80mph on the Hwy. I noticed my seat start to shake (not crazy, but noticeable for sure.) It would happen periodically for about a minute then subside for a minute. Is this unusual or normal for a diesel?

I have driven a Ford ranger up until now so this is all new territory for me. The shaking only occurred while speeding (shame on me) and was only noticeable in the seats. The steering wheel, dash and center console had no wobble whatsoever durring the episodes.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
The seat is shaking as part of the overspeed indicator system. You should normally predetermine your rotation speed and begin to nose up when you get to it. But don't worry, your steering wheel will shake if you nose up too hard and are going into a stall.

Wait! That's an airplane!

Since you felt it in your seat and not your feet I would say it is a problem with the rear differential, drive shaft or rear tires. Take it back and tell them to check it out for you.

strangers2ourselves

May 15, 2019
Truck Year
The seat is shaking as part of the overspeed indicator system. You should normally predetermine your rotation speed and begin to nose up when you get to it. But don't worry, your steering wheel will shake if you nose up too hard and are going into a stall.

Wait! That's an airplane!

Since you felt it in your seat and not your feet I would say it is a problem with the rear differential, drive shaft or rear tires. Take it back and tell them to check it out for you.

Yea the yaw and pitch controls were impossible to locate!

Haha awesome

Thanks for the info. Will be having them check it out tomorrow.

Comfortably Numb

Jul 16, 2017
Truck Year
I too have a 16 Longhorn, it just turned 165000 miles. I run 80mph plus all of the time and my truck will do the same thing periodically. When it has done it, it's always been a balance issue. I have either thrown a weight or have mud back on the inside of the wheel. Rebalancing the tires have always taken care of the problem. I run BFG KO 2's