• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Keep it or sell it

Dave Galley

Dec 31, 2019
Truck Year
FCA has agreed to replace my engine after it failed (bearings) just out of warranty. My only cast will be labor. The dealer estimated $1400. It is a 2016 with 107600 km. Since they are so prone to fail I'm not sure if I should sell it right away. It will never be worth more than with a new engine..... Thoughts?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
If you read around on these forums installing a tune appears to increase owner satisfaction greatly. It won't solve every problem in the world.

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
My new motor came with 3 years or 100,000 miles warranty. Drive it until paid off and let FCA worry about the rest of it. Still a 2016 with 107,000 km.

Dave Galley

Dec 31, 2019
Truck Year
Nice truck with a new engine, Put a tuning kit in it and enjoy
What tuner would you recomend?
My new motor came with 3 years or 100,000 miles warranty. Drive it until paid off and let FCA worry about the rest of it. Still a 2016 with 107,000 km.
If it does come with further warranty then keeping it would be an easy choice. I had not even dreamed that would be the case.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
There are only a couple out there presently, however you need to be prepared that tuning will void your warranty unless you can take the tune in and out for trips to the dealer.
"Sofa King Tuned" is one that is very popular.

enaz

Jan 10, 2020
Truck Year

Where did you hear this? I am currently waiting on my new engine but the dealer said a new engine won't change my powertrain warranty and am still waiting to hear back on my case with FCA (been 2 weeks).

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Where did you hear this? I am currently waiting on my new engine but the dealer said a new engine won't change my powertrain warranty and am still waiting to hear back on my case with FCA (been 2 weeks).
New engine and maybe truck mostly paid for, you can’t beat that. New trucks come with new payments.

Dave Galley

Dec 31, 2019
Truck Year
Hi Mark. Was yours a warranty replacement our out of pocket?

Dave Galley

Dec 31, 2019
Truck Year
Hi Mark. Was yours a warranty replacement our out of pocket?
New engine and maybe truck mostly paid for, you can’t beat that. New trucks come with new payments.
I guess I got lucky only took a couple days from the date I got them all my maintenance receipts

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
Truck flashed at 107,000 miles. Motor locked up at 111,000 miles. #6 injector caused bent piston rod on #6 piston. Injectors covered under settlement for 48,000 miles. When a warranty part causes failure of other parts ,then all is suppose to be covered . Service Manager at Southern Chrysler told me 3 years or 100,000 miles on crate motor.My area manager told Southern Chrysler in Lufkin Tx put a new motor in and FCA is covering all cost. Still waiting on a SCR for exhaust . Three week delivery . Dealer told me that area manager ordered SCR himself to put a rush on it when they are in stock.Area manager told dealer to let me have the truck to drive until SCR is installed. I have never met the area manager but I would like to. I may be speaking out of turn from what FCA did for me with no real problems dealing with them. YES I will buy another Ram truck from Southern Chrysler Dodge Jeep and FCA due to service from them and FCA.