• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Keep or Sell

JPete

Sep 29, 2019
Truck Year
My 2015 Ram Eco has been in the shop since Sept 7th waiting on a part so the new EGR cooler can be reinstalled. The engine inhaled about two gallons of coolant over three days before I was able to get it to a dealer. Other than that the truck has been good for 60,000 miles. Here is my question, the Dealer has said that it is unlikely any engine damage was done and all should be well once the repair is done but after reading some of the posts I am not so sure. I have had the recall done and as the EPA has put a stop to a GDR upgrade will probably leave things as stock. Don't want to deal with issues in the future even though I have the recall extended warranty as this is my work truck and downtime costs me money.
What would you guys do. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Pete

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Pete if it leak no problem, if inhaled ,sell, Mixing O.A.T with lube loaded with CAL creates abrasive crystals.

Pete, I live and breath Diesel .But I cannot support Fait/VM.
I'm done with Europe's Power plants, I've owned 2 One Mercedes and VM 3.0.

FCA/Ram paid Me handsomely to return My 3.0, I Purchase 2019 Limited and very happy, It get's great Mileage and is light years head of the 3.0 except For mileage.... In early June FCA incentive were the best I've seen, My 2019 Limited WS 6830.00 Sold to Me for 50100.00 plus My corp Ownership and FCA Settlement drop it another $$$$.$$.

The New 2020 Cost is shocking, and in the 1/2 Market the residual is gone, its not like the 3/4+ were you get the Additional cost (some) of the Diesel power plant returned.

If you can afford it ( No hardship) sell ,the risk is just to great in the 2014-2020 VM 3.0.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Calhenry, if 2 Gallons leak into the lube VIA Intake, Tuning would have stop it inhaling the O.A.T.... the whole plenum is gunk up with the soot/coolant now.