• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Latest recall done.

Sledneck52

Jan 14, 2020
Truck Year
I had the EGR replaced and the latest refresh that is supposed to correct the lag when cold.
I immediately noticed the change when I got in my truck. They don't tell you what they do but I could tell that they changed the trans shift points when cold. I am assuming that helps compensate for the lag. It does help considerably. The lag never really bothered me. After owning a 2013 cab and chassis 6.7 auto, the lag on my Ecodiesel was nothing. The 6.7 would also have the lag so bad when hot in regen mode.
My milage dropped probably 1 MPG but that could also be because of the winter diesel around my area.
I feel a lot of people who have issues with these motors don't use a "modern" diesel as intended.You MUST get it up to operating temperature! Short drives are no good! If you always drive short distances, shift the truck manually leaving it in a gear to get it hotter faster. Don't let it warm up for long periods of time. 10-15 minutes. Thats no good. I think the update also adjusted the idle speed on first start up when cold especially when you turn the heater on.
Another thing people fail to do it let the engine exhaust temps cool down before shutting it off. This was a habit I got into when I had an EGT gauge on my older 5.9's and the 6.7 Cummins.
I have just over 50K on my 2016. Still 50K left on my bumper to bumper warranty. I do plan on deleting it but I will wait until I get closer to the warranty expiration.

Beaulieu06

Feb 10, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks for the heads up on the the recall, I am actually getting mine done this Friday and was looking to see if anyone had completed it yet. So you are saying don't let the truck warm up, or don't let it warm up longer than 10-15 min?

Sledneck52

Jan 14, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks for the heads up on the the recall, I am actually getting mine done this Friday and was looking to see if anyone had completed it yet. So you are saying don't let the truck warm up, or don't let it warm up longer than 10-15 min?
Yes, let it warm up a bit but don’t let it sit for more then 10 minutes. It’s been below 30 degrees for the last couple weeks around me. Even lower some mornings. 16 one day. The engine does its own high idle thing.
I have also read about people having DEF issues. I haven’t and the reason is I only put in one 2.5 gallon jug at a time. These truck sips DEF. I would never fill up the tank.

Beaulieu06

Feb 10, 2021
Truck Year
yeah this morning was about -25 up in AK. I have noticed the DEF doesn't move much, I bought the truck in October and have only used a 1/4 tank of DEF. I appreciate the response

Sledneck52

Jan 14, 2020
Truck Year
yeah this morning was about -25 up in AK. I have noticed the DEF doesn't move much, I bought the truck in October and have only used a 1/4 tank of DEF. I appreciate the response
I am assuming you plug your truck in at night?
I don’t have the block heater plug. Truck wasn’t ordered with one. At those temps I would definitely plug it in.
My old 5.9 Cummins wouldn’t start in negative temperatures if I didn’t plug it in. When I switched to full synthetic I was able to start it below zero without being plugged in. This was only a rare occasion when I was Snowmobiling in Ft Kent Maine. The motels didn’t have electric available for trucks.

Beaulieu06

Feb 10, 2021
Truck Year
I plug in at work, at night she sits peacefully in a heated garage lol. I haven't had any issues starting or running in the mornings or evenings up here.