• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

lost boost

choctawmel

Feb 12, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Eco-diesel with 47,000 miles. Yesterday I locked my keys in the truck and after AAA got it unlocked I started is and had no boost. Limped top the closest O'Rielly's and the scan 'no communication with turbo' (or something like that) I'm sure there's no connection between the keys and the boost, but it is strange. Read where there is a problem with soot building up on the boost sense and in the emissions
Took it to a dealer. The question now is; how bad is the dealer going to ripe me

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Report back before you spend $ on what the dealer has to say.

choctawmel

Feb 12, 2019
Truck Year
Got the truck back today. They replaced the fuel filter. (I think it has 2 one on the engine and one above the rear axle) $124.25; Cleaned injectors $181.95; Cleaned MAP sensor $108.45. Seems like they just look at what can cause this and replace/clean everything on the list. I can do that.... It's what we used to call 'shotgun' the problem.
I understand all three are a common reacquiring problem because this is a European diesel designed to run on European diesel which is a lot cleaner and more refined than ours.
The dealer also wanted: front wheel alignment-$156.95; replace passages windshield washer nozzle-$96.60; two new front tires-$380; change the difference fluid(It's dirty)-$136.95. How does the difference fluid become dirty in 45,000 miles???

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You cannot clean HPCR injectors, You can dismantle and remove debris. R/R re-assemble and calibrate .. No Dealer in N/A has the equipment or the knowledge in their personnel to preform the procedure.

choctawmel

Feb 12, 2019
Truck Year
They sure got me for $181.95 to do something. More than likely they put an additive in the tank
Like I said, I need a good book on this think and loose the dealer.
About time to change the transmission fluid and that take some kind of machine, being they no longer have a dip stick.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The pan needs to be dropped ,the filter and the pan are 1 unit, just drop the fluid and measure the volume, and add 8-16oz for fluid just guess at what spilled and loss and your good... contrary myth a little over is ok, A lot NO.

You can find the pan/filter for around $150 and use Valvoline MAX life trans fluid.

Image result for valvoline maxlife atf

Image result for ecodiesel transmission pan

John

Nov 13, 2015
Got the truck back today. They replaced the fuel filter. (I think it has 2 one on the engine and one above the rear axle) $124.25; Cleaned injectors $181.95; Cleaned MAP sensor $108.45. Seems like they just look at what can cause this and replace/clean everything on the list. I can do that.... It's what we used to call 'shotgun' the problem.
I understand all three are a common reacquiring problem because this is a European diesel designed to run on European diesel which is a lot cleaner and more refined than ours.
The dealer also wanted: front wheel alignment-$156.95; replace passages windshield washer nozzle-$96.60; two new front tires-$380; change the difference fluid(It's dirty)-$136.95. How does the difference fluid become dirty in 45,000 miles???
Just one fuel filter on the Ecodiesel, none in the engine bay.

choctawmel

Feb 12, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks. I have looked high and low for the one on the engine.
I take it the fill plug on the side of the trassmission requires the fluid to be pumped in. At $43 a quart I wouldn't want to waste very much.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Here's Shawn video, Shawn took his own life about a year after this video , Kinda sad.