• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

low fuel rail pressure

Ernieb52

May 13, 2021
Truck Year
I really need some help with my 2016 ram 1500 eco. Keep getting this code p0087 seems my local dealership can't tell me what causes it or don't want to. Started out change fuel filter, did that, no help, next change tank lift pump did that , no help now we are at fuel rail pressure sensor or fuel regulator or a bad injector seems that my truck has turned into a cash cow for them. thanks in advance for any advice .

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its not likely to be the Pressure sensor or Injector, What's the lift running Pressure? Are the return rate to High? was MAX pressure test conducted. It possible could be the FCA....FCA are easily tested in and out of the CP4.

Ernieb52

May 13, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks TC,
Dealership ran fuel pressure test- pushing 1 liter, I don't know what pressure but the tech told me that it was fine, pulled regulator and found no problem , ran injector clean test and rechecked with no change.
said needed further diagnose. said 3 to 5 hours to test.
Whatever is going on with my truck is consistent , when you excellerate,( holding petal on the floor) in every gear between 3,000 -4,000 rpm its like fuel is being cut off causing hp pump to cavitate, engine shudders CEL comes on if you hold it on the floor, if you let off the shuttering stops the engine levels out and runs fine .

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Generally, with all HPCR shortage of fuel results in the truck laying down (Lack of Performance) no shudder. it's impossible for the CP4 to cavitate. Pushing 1-liter Hmmmm it cannot produce 1 Liter unless the FCA at WOT and the trucks running 1800RPMs that the max where is the fuel for combustion, and I don't even know how you could test that with the Pump installed.