• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

MAF sensor screen removal for greater air flow.

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
So, my question is I have the ALFA obd program, and when I fire the truck up my air flow is around 550 and target value is about 350-480, so I'm good. But as I drive and vary rpm my maf flow doesnt keep up with the set target values it will show 1028 and target will be 1750. So has anyone removed the wire screen in the maf, NOT the honeycomb before it. I have another MAF that I deleted all the air straighting out of and installed an aluminum honeycomb air straightener. Worked great but I had a wiring issue with the MAF and thought that might be the problem so I bought a new one with everything intact. So has anyone else removed it and had any issues? My mods are full delete with hand held tuner 20,40,60,80hp tunes and stock file. Port polished banks intake manifold, k&n large closed cone air filter straight intake tube heat insulated. All 3in intercooler lines with cold side heat insulated, with an upgraded intercooler. Grill shutter delete, crank case vent to atmosphere tube. Upgraded turbo intake hose coupler bend. Fabbed straight 3in down pipe and exhaust to back of cab. Carbon fibreTurbo blanket and down pipe heat wrap.

TXD

Feb 6, 2020
Truck Year
will any aftermarket tune allow for crank case vent to atmosphere tube? or is that something that has to be written into each tune as a separate variable?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Fox, I doubt that's your problem, its either the turbo or the tune.

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
So, you can tune the oil mist sensor out, but I've been told it's not desirable to do that. Catch can setups always end up throwing a cel. So what I did was I ran the hose from the crank case vent to the oil mist sensor first then I ran it to atmosphere under the truck on the frame under the passenger floor area. The sensor isn't concerned about pressure whatsoever, just wants to read vapor. Then at the time I used a metal threaded plug to go into the turbo intake boot with a clamp around it, didn't want the turbo to eat it. But since I've replaced the intake with a 130 degree silicone intake boot. So no more hole to plug. Removing it from the intake did help with performance a bit.

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
Normal driving 28-31% pedal pressure. I normally see boost around 18-23psi