• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Minor hesitations and odd regens

Jamzzz

Apr 27, 2018
Truck Year
Hi all,

Have a 2014 ecodiesel 80'000 kilometers no real major issues. Minor hesitations and odd regens but the truck has done me well. IF dodge/FCA officials are on this forum, send me a note and I will get another 2017/18 ecodiesel after I have a few words with them about the soot/carbon build up because of the EGR. I suggest carbon cleaning of manifold a mandatory item every 20k or 10k fir severe duty.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi all,

Have a 2014 ecodiesel 80'000 kilometers no real major issues. Minor hesitations and odd regens but the truck has done me well. IF dodge/FCA officials are on this forum, send me a note and I will get another 2017/18 ecodiesel after I have a few words with them about the soot/carbon build up because of the EGR. I suggest carbon cleaning of manifold a mandatory item every 20k or 10k fir severe duty.

Welcome! Are you using some kind of monitor to track regens?

Jamzzz

Apr 27, 2018
Truck Year
Hey Boost!, all Regens i have just monitored manually whenever it came up or Evic would pop up with % full . I can have my dealership do a manual regen but haven't found it necessary yet. What I did find disturbing was the amount of wet soot buildup in the manifold after the egr. Will also be cleaning the map/maf sensor this week. Going to be taking the truck in for any updates and point out the gunk built up in the manifold/head area. Will post pictures of the inside of the manifold with a borescope/endoscope attachment for phone. Cant wait for the response from dealership; wont be promising.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Do you enough long distance trips in to actually regen? if so, perhaps your DPF might be malfunctioning causing frequent regens. Should be under warranty still (at least 80KM is 49709 Miles, in the states).

Jamzzz

Apr 27, 2018
Truck Year
Most of driving is city. But will do highway/freeway runs 3 times a week.