• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

MPG has gone down

Jr123113

May 4, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2014 Ram ecodiesel, I was getting 25-30+ mpg up until a few months ago when my intake blew a hole and had some issues, the dealership replaced the intake, fuel injectors, ect. Ever since then my fuel mileage has been between 17-20 mpg using the same gas stations. I've replaced my air filter and fuel filter, now I'm looking for recommendations on how to get my mileage back. 111,950 miles. Thanks..

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Better, but still could use some improvement. You should get a GDE or Sofa King tune. I hear the big difference is that the Sofa King tune has a lot of low end torque with throttle tip in. I have the GDE tune and I average 26.5 mixed driving. Plus you don't have that cleaning to do again.

Jr123113

May 4, 2019
Truck Year
Better, but still could use some improvement. You should get a GDE or Sofa King tune. I hear the big difference is that the Sofa King tune has a lot of low end torque with throttle tip in. I have the GDE tune and I average 26.5 mixed driving. Plus you don't have that cleaning to do again.
I'll try that. Thanks

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Have you heard how to clean inside the block better than a vaccuum? Any other safe methods?
no, you should not try. Just clean the MAP sensor and EGR tube and leave the rest alone. If your Turbo Coolant Hose bursts, then you can pull the intake (or your mechanic) and clean it then. Other than that, just put a good tune on the engine (GDE or Sofa King) and leave it alone. It is a direct injection engine so fuel additives do not clean the air path at all. I am thinking that the 2020 engine will have both direct injection and port injection. Hopefully that is so.