• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Muffler delete

Gator Chomp

Nov 9, 2020
Truck Year
So I tuned & deleted my 2018 ecodiesel. I am looking to delete the muffler. has anyone deleted the muffler and towed? How was the low end torque?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I don't think you'll notice any power increase by removing the muffler other then a minimal increase in exhaust noise. That said, I will do the same in the near future to clean things up a bit.

Gator Chomp

Nov 9, 2020
Truck Year
I don't think you'll notice any power increase by removing the muffler other then a minimal increase in exhaust noise. That said, I will do the same in the near future to clean things up a bit.
Im not worried about the powe increase, just wonderin if I will loose too much low end torque since if the muffler is strait piped

Gator Chomp

Nov 9, 2020
Truck Year
Don’t think muffler is going to affect you
I was kinda thinkin it wouldn't affect the low end torque all that much. Plus really lookin to have a little more diesel sound. My 18 is tuned and deleted to the muffler so, just want more sound.

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
I just added some MBRP 6" polished tips to match the badassness of that deleted diesel sound!

1605334557525.jpeg

Gator Chomp

Nov 9, 2020
Truck Year
Very nice. I think I will keep the resonators though. 1 step at a time. That sounds nasty mean. 🍻🍻

Gator Chomp

Nov 9, 2020
Truck Year
Just want to make sure, is your exhaust from the muffler back 2.25" or 2.5". I put a caliper to my exhaust and it is 2.25" o.d. Plus did you cut and weld your tips on to your exhaust past the resonators?

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
2.25 after muffler. My old tips fit perfectly inside the new MBRP tips. To get the right lenght I had to cut the old tips down and weld them together then clamp and tack inside the new tips so I could still clamp onto the factory exhaust pipe flange. So basically my big new tips have the flange just like the factory ones which allows me to re use the factory flange clamps and gives me the adjustments I need for my body lift. Hope this makes sense. I'll send some pictures tomorrow.

Gator Chomp

Nov 9, 2020
Truck Year
2.25 after muffler. My old tips fit perfectly inside the new MBRP tips. To get the right lenght I had to cut the old tips down and weld them together then clamp and tack inside the new tips so I could still clamp onto the factory exhaust pipe flange. So basically my big new tips have the flange just like the factory ones which allows me to re use the factory flange clamps and gives me the adjustments I need for my body lift. Hope this makes sense. I'll send some pictures tomorrow.
Thats what I was thinkin of doin myself, was removin the bulb clamp and either cut and weld or just cut and clamp new tips on. I've been lookin for turndown tips in black cause not a chrome or SS kinda guy. I did find some 2.25" inlet to 3" outlet turndowns 12" long but in chrome.