• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My 2016 Ram 1500 ecodiesel caught on fire

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
UDI. the video not playing

Way to many fires, UDI did you leave your sound foam on, what about history, did the truck receive some service lately?

Hawaii_Built

Oct 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
@TC Diesel I was under the hood of my truck and was wondering about that foam insulation.... Is this what is catching on fire on some ecodiesels?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It adds to the fire, It destroys Wiring and connections buried under it in long term ownership...The myths you hear about diesel like heat are equal to fake News.

HPCR fuel system generate heat so Yon DON"T need to retain it., Also remove the CP4 cover.

One fire was related to fuel leak under the sound foam, The owner was able to extinguish fire, If the foam was gone he would have notice the leak, thus saving the truck and hassle.

Kinda Sucks carrying a fire extinguisher, for these reason.

Hawaii_Built

Oct 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Can anyone explain to me how it would damage wiring and connectors that lay under the foam? I'm not disagreeing, just wanting to learn.

Is there a significant increase in how loud the truck is without the foam?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
The sound deadening foam acts as a sound and heat insulator. The heat is the issue. There are wires and other components under the foam. Over time, heat will shorten the service life of plastics and rubber. If you remove the foam, the engine runs about 10 degrees cooler. Do you want that? Maybe. Your components will last longer but your engine will be less efficient. A hot engine is an efficient engine - to a point. An overheated engine is not good.

Removing the foam does make the engine seem louder. How much? A bit. The foam goes back in, so you may want to try it.