• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Chrome Clad Wheels

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
I started with this:

clean_truck.jpg

My buddy did this:

FB_IMG_1508825179596.jpg

20171024_155246.jpg

And now it looks like this:

20171024_153838.jpg

Did some trading around to get it done. Total out of pocket expenses? $32. I think I did pretty good

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
Yes Sir. He had quite a few hours into the scuffing and retaping. They turned out great though! It's nice having friends that know what they're doing lol

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Oh man I would like to see that reversed! I like the black face with machined look angles, so the chrome would've done great. Regardless some serious taping skills, he did a nice job!

Would it have been easier to unscrew the clad from the rim? Just small screws on the backside of the rim, no sense lugging around a Tire and wheel for a piece of plastic?

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Oh man I would like to see that reversed! I like the black face with machined look angles, so the chrome would've done great. Regardless some serious taping skills, he did a nice job!

Would it have been easier to unscrew the clad from the rim? Just small screws on the backside of the rim, no sense lugging around a Tire and wheel for a piece of plastic?

The chrome plastic is glued onto the wheel removing it is somewhat permanent and labor intensive.

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year

Reversed? I didn't think of that. That would be really neat looking I bet