• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Summer Nightmare

Jollyfishmon

Oct 1, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2016 eco and I bought used with 40 k in May of 2017. The truck has run like a champ. I put some miles on it. I drive mostly highways and have topped 27.8 mpg on a flat highway. This spring, last week in May, I turned the corner by my house and lost power, it was in a crawl mode. I shut down restarted and was in crawl mode for a mile to the house. I called a tow to the dealership where I bought. It now had about 119,000 miles and I do keep up with all maintenance, so I had no idea. I had a lifetime powertrain warranty so I was not worried. That next week the dealer called and told me bad fuel pump but was on back order for 2 weeks. So when fuel pump was installed the said it was not running good so they wanted to flush the fuel injectors. I was up to around $2000 but I had not put much money in the truck and it has always run great. I went to pick up and still not running good. They said the wanted to replace the turbo switch and also fuel injectors. So the bill almost doubled. The told me everything would be coved under warranty if I got the patch. I never wanted the patch and I am part of the buyback but they had me over a barrel. $5000 or the patch, regrettable, I had to do the patch. After the patch, they ran into more issues, 2 sets of fuel injectors, various switches and also a cadalitic converter and other electronic things on that. A total of around $12,000 and 11 weeks later and trying to pick my truck up 8 times with problems I got my truck back. Yep, all summer without my truck. The dealer did loan me a car but it’s no truck. So now with the patch, my MPG iTanked, I have power issues, fumes in my cabin and lots of rattling under the chassis. I love my Ram. But Chrysler has al but killed it and how I feel about the company.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome to the group evidently dealer does t know Jack shit about the eco diesel your fabulous warranty covers WHAT?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It was a result of the EPA

Please explain how this is the EPAs fault, 90% of his problems are hardware related.

Last edited:

Jollyfishmon

Oct 1, 2019
Truck Year
Please explain how this is the EPAs fault, 90% of his problems are hardware related.
I do not know. I went in with a fuel pump issue and they said because of the patch, the fuel delivery pressures were messed up and they could not get it to run right so they just started replacing everything that came up on code.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I do not know. I went in with a fuel pump issue and they said because of the patch, the fuel delivery pressures were messed up and they could not get it to run right so they just started replacing everything that came up on code.

You cannot flush common rail injectors, it would be the 1st sign of how incompetent the service Dept is.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The AEM (approved Emission modification) did NOT destroy Turbo or DPF. You have now paid the Stealership to molest your Truck.