• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mysterious Antifreeze loss

Lord Thor

Jul 8, 2019
Truck Year
After I had the emissions recall done, I have started loosing (invisibly) about a 1/4" of antifreeze about every 80 miles. Nothing is visible externally after searching around the engine compartment and transmission (even with engine hot and running). No oil loss or increase, no problem with power. No discoloration or residuals in antifreeze plastic container. Any ideas would be very helpful, Thanks - Lord Thor

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Yep, EGR cooler

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
Easiest way to tell is remove egr diffuser tube (4 bolts, 2 10mm, 2x8mm). The tip of it (inside the intake) is supposed to be dry black soot. If it's wet black soot, like tar, molasses, it's your egr cooler. That's how my dealer showed me in under 5 min. He said it's supposed to be dry, you can blow it off. If it's wet goo that you can scrap off with a screwdriver, that's yoru cooler leaking.

Lord Thor

Jul 8, 2019
Truck Year
Took the truck to the dealer since the EGR Cooler falls under the extended emissions warranty. They had another truck in the shop for the same thing, a cracked EGR Cooler. The truck was fixed in 6 hours today and the engine idle is even smoother. Great advice fellow members. Thanks

John

Nov 13, 2015
Took the truck to the dealer since the EGR Cooler falls under the extended emissions warranty. They had another truck in the shop for the same thing, a cracked EGR Cooler. The truck was fixed in 6 hours today and the engine idle is even smoother. Great advice fellow members. Thanks
That's what we like to hear

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I received the a notice 10/31/2019 from NHTSA about the coolant leak. FCA will be releasing a recall notice.

Attachments

• FCA RECALL.pdf
    426.2 KB · Views: 15