• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need advice on moving forward with the fix/wait for potential buy back - 2016 ram Ecodiesel - California

Nautique

Dec 26, 2019
Truck Year
Hi Everyone,

Been trying to figure out if it's best to start the settlement process or wait for a potential buy-back. Looking for advice from those that live in California on what they did. Haven't had any issues with the truck to date and have 94K miles on it. Any suggestions advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jake

Tomphot

Nov 25, 2019
Truck Year
Did you get the AEM done yet? If so, your covered under the extended warranty for the parts that Will fail. Once the EGR starts leaking (Keep a close eye on your coolant level) you take the truck into dealer and once it sits for more than 30 days, you start the buyback process. Not sure you can do anything more than that for now.
In the long run, I'm sure there will be a bigger class action law suit that will get settled and you can latch onto that.

Nautique

Dec 26, 2019
Truck Year
I haven't proceeded with the AEM yet. Should I do it before submit the paperwork for the settlement?
Thank you for the information.

Tomphot

Nov 25, 2019
Truck Year
You need to have the AEM flash done at your dealer to get the settlement check. You can submit the paperwork before or after you get that done. Once that's done, you will be covered by the extended warranty for the covered parts.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
the lousey 3000 is not wort screwing your truck up if it is running good stay away from the aem tune

Beeson

Feb 9, 2019
Truck Year
Can you opt out of the Tune? or will it be required. GDE shared all of their buyers information with Big Brother. If we don't accept the re-flash it better not be registered for the street! :(

Tomphot

Nov 25, 2019
Truck Year
Can you opt out of the Tune? or will it be required. GDE shared all of their buyers information with Big Brother. If we don't accept the re-flash it better not be registered for the street! :(

Yes you can opt out and there are apparently many who have. Some have joined another law suite which is trying to get a bigger settlement and general buyback. From all I've read, the problems with these trucks is real and EGR leaks and associated problems will happen regardless of if you have the AEM recall done. You may as well get it done, collect the $3K and be covered by the extended warranty that comes with it.

Beeson

Feb 9, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks, But the trucks are turds off the lot. With the GDE or other... they drive better, feel more competent, and the extra mpg is nice. Hate to have the AEM re-flash and then it goes back to stock or (Looks like worse!)
$3k is nice, but doesn't pay for a new truck or other vehicles around me when i pull out in front of a big rig and it stalls for 5 seconds.
I don't know about the 2020 Eco-diesel, but the fly-by-wire go pedal has a factory flaw.
If CA owners have the GDE tune and don't do the AEM flash, they are subject to $10-k fine and 6-months in jail + they take your truck. (GDE ratted out their customers)