• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New ECO Recall report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior Gammons

Jun 22, 2018
Truck Year
Oh great, got the update on the emissions done yesterday. Now my past zippy diesel acts just like a non- turbo diesel. Flat spots on take offs, dropped two MPG on the indicator. Worst of all, the oil change light came on 3000+ miles earlier. Dealer's response "Oh we will have to call our district manager" to see what's going on. Cannot wait to pull my RV. Looks like a new truck in my near future. Not real happy about the warranty anyway. Back about 50k engine light comes on. Truck goes into safety mode. Take it to dealer. Needs an EGR valve. Nope dealer says oh no, not a warranty issue even if it is an emissions part. But its only $260.00 for valve. Today I ask about the topcoat turning loose on bumper. No not a warranty truck is only 2.5 years old but has 65K so paint not covered. Sure wish I hadn't spend so much on bed liners and step tubes. My wheels, 2016 Ram ECO Diesel

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
they will try everything to screw people out of warranty buy the way welcome to the forum

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
"Looks like a new truck in my near future"

Nah. Drop a Sofa King or GDE tune on that truck and make it much better than new. No need to bail on that very nice truck.

Good body shop will charge you maybe 300 for a respray on the bumper.

EcodieselLogger

May 18, 2019
Truck Year
I called to set up my appointment for the recall and got told they didnt get sent the inspection sticker they have to put on the ecm and that if they do the recall without the sticker they get charged 20k in fines....think they are putting it off on purpose

Junior Gammons

Jun 22, 2018
Truck Year
I didn't even look at my ECM to check for a sticker. I'm still getting over the oil change notice coming on right after the upgrade. I wanted to get the fix done before I left on vacation in case there was a run on parts, but it looks like they are still figuring out what to do as the regional manager has not answered the dealership yet on the issues.

Junior Gammons

Jun 22, 2018
Truck Year
I called to set up my appointment for the recall and got told they didnt get sent the inspection sticker they have to put on the ecm and that if they do the recall without the sticker they get charged 20k in fines....think they are putting it off on purpose
I when out to look. They put a sticker under my hood with the updated info on it

Old man

Mar 14, 2019
Truck Year
Same here gutless truck now since recall performed. Dead spot till turbo spools up to get truck moving. Oil change light at 2500 miles now swirl valve not working and have p200a code. This is totally unacceptable!!! Dealer tells me swirl valve not covered!!! But is part of emissions!! 103,000 on truck

t John

Nov 14, 2016
Truck Year
Fueled truck today, and it will not restart. Scheduled for recall on Tuesday, June 11, 2019. Electronic throttle control and low oil pressure indicator. 139604 on truck 62,000 on engine (replaced 10/2017).

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
AEM done today Same here, Dead spot on takeoff, feels like limp mode, Ill wait to get my 3K then Im off to a Diesel tuner to get the power back, Im really bummed because I loved this truck.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
I when out to look. They put a sticker under my hood with the updated info on it
Dont go!

Junior Gammons

Jun 22, 2018
Truck Year
Ram area manager over Chrysler tells the dealer oh the update shouldn't do any of that. I almost got hit yesterday because it flat spotted while entering the freeway. So today I requested a new appointment

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I drove the F-150 with the 3.5 liter and it was the same. Push the pedal and count to 3 until the power comes on.

Old man

Mar 14, 2019
Truck Year
Yes dead spot even if you stomp on it pulling from dead stop there’s nothing there. Real safety hazard rpms crawl up slowly At least 2-5 seconds delay till it boost than it launches like a bat outta h@ll.

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
Well..... Had the emission flash recall done on my 2015 EcoDiesel this week. As I pulled out of the dealership truck stalled as I pulled across four lanes of traffic! Felt like the transmission slipped. It grabbed and I avoided being hit.

Next day, same thing happened as I pulled out of church. This time truck literally stalled in the middle of the road.

Went back to dealership and was told “another module might need to be flashed and the only complaint thus far was a loss in mpg”.

A man standing beside me said he was back to have his truck “re-examined”! His advise was to NOT SIGN THE SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT until Dodge admits this recall is causing more problems!!!!

FrankD

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
FrankD new member owner of a 2015 Laramie bought it used with 27k now has 57k. Just got back from a trip truck runs great. Have all paper work to go for the settlement . Saw a post that a second version of this AEM is coming out because of the problems you all have been going thru. Does anyone have info on this? Thanks for all the posts from you all.

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
First I have heard of the second recall. I have received a reply from the US Department of Transportation/NHTSA. They requested my permission to share the issues with Chrysler so maybe someone will look into this.

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
AEM done today Same here, Dead spot on takeoff, feels like limp mode, Ill wait to get my 3K then Im off to a Diesel tuner to get the power back, Im really bummed because I loved this truck.

This is more than a performance issue, it is a safety issue.....you should file a complaint with the NHTSA at safercar.gov.

The more of us that push the issue rather than accepting it/ or spending more money to get the truck we paid for, the quicker someone will address it.

Status
Not open for further replies.