• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New recall?!?

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
So I just got the EGR debacle finally finished on my 2016 at the dealer. Thought I would be happy with the truck now. Today I get a letter for FCA in the mailbox with a recall notice in it. This one says the PCM needs a reprogram because the main problem is the crankshaft position sensor actually gets it's signal from a sticker wrapped around the tone wheel. These stickers fall off and the engine locks up. If the truck is driving at highway speeds it is liable to crash because if the engine locks up so does the drivetrain. Anybody have any info on this?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Yeah it’s a reflash of the computer to allow the engine to run if the magnets fly off of the crankshaft. Problem is, they don’t fix the actual tone ring so your still pissing in the wind, just able to keep pissing once it flies apart. To fix the tone ring and sensor trans has to be pulled. So it allows the truck to continue to run safely and get you home / safer location.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
The flash for the Tone Ring is not available yet to my knowledge. There is nothing to do for this recall except wait. Just like many of us are waiting for the replacement EGR.

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
Yeah it’s a reflash of the computer to allow the engine to run if the magnets fly off of the crankshaft. Problem is, they don’t fix the actual tone ring so your still pissing in the wind, just able to keep pissing once it flies apart. To fix the tone ring and sensor trans has to be pulled. So it allows the truck to continue to run safely and get you home / safer location.
Sounds like they don't pay for the tone ring replacement either.

Northern Jet Diesel

Feb 5, 2019
Truck Year
So this is Brand New Recall? I live in Manitoba Canada, we always get Recalls Long after the USA. Same goes for any Warranty work. Last year Dealership wanted me to pay Entire cost of EGR Replacement, well over $5000 CDA Even though they Knew a Recall was coming in the next few months...Have to say the FCA/Dealership came thru in the end, cost me nothing AND they rented me another Truck for the 7 days I was without my Truck. Just wish they could make the damn thing work right to begin with.

NancyRoberts

Mar 1, 2021
Truck Year
So I'm struggling with getting this done at all. If I don't get it done and the part ultimately fails, all that happens is my truck stalls. Worst case, I lose power steering and power brakes, right? If I get the recall done, and the part fails, I keep driving because everything seemingly operates normally. But in this case, there's a very real risk that timing drifts and is not corrected (the actual fail safe function of the failed part), and catastrophic failures result. Is this assessment correct? If so, is there any way to compel Dodge to actually fix the failed part instead of this software work-around?