• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to this thread.

jstephens

Apr 2, 2021
Truck Year
I want to learn as much about this engine "ED" as I can. I gave up a 2005 Ram 3500 2WD Cummins due to selling my truck camper and dealers wanting to purchase my 05 for 20K. I purchased the 05 for 15K and used it for 8 years.

I really wanted a Jeep with the new I4 turbo but after driving several, I was not sure what I wanted to do. The last Jeep I tested was not the one but while parking the jeep next to this "ED" ram 1500, I asked the dealer if I could drive the "ED". I fell in love with this truck!! I purchased just as CV19 was starting and ran into all kind of problems with the purchase. Then the Turbo went out with only 30K and the warranty was not going to cover the repair due to the truck coming into the states from Canada. I had never heard of this before and was perplexed. I wanted to sell the truck back to the dealer.

Well, I was lucky, the General manager of the company called me and apologized for all the problems and he wanted to make it right. He said with CV19 and the sales people not understanding the laws due to Canadian vehicles entering into the USA voids all warranty. Go figure! Well with time the truck was fixed I was given the correct extended warranty along with as many oil changes as I want. Most Companies don't make it right but this company did.
Okay, now that you have some history, the truck has had several recalls with the a new EGR, plus replacement of cooler and coolant, reprograming
several times. The truck now seems a little slow when cold but when it is warmed up it is a rocket. The "ED" is an amazing technical marvel. The Italians have done an awesome job and yes they have had a learning curve. If you look at all the companies that are behind the development of the "ED" you will realize that this engine is amazing but with fine tuning I believe it will be a good engine.