• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

newbie truck and diesel owner, 2017 ram ecodiesel 4x4

Tell me about the cool down period recommended in user guide. Is it mainly needed when towing?

• follow recs in user guide

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • only important when towing or stressing engine when going up hill or in heavy traffic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gregg Goebel

Feb 3, 2018
Truck Year
bought truck so I can tow 5000lb. travel trailer at times. This is new experience for me . Much to learn. Have tow package,getting Air lift aftermarket suspension soon .

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
The easiest way is too moniter your egts, generally I try to let the truck cool down if there above 350 F. But our turbo is cooled by engine coolant so it does not heat soak nearly as much as previous engines. There is many options for moniters edge cts2 and banks power Idash are common ones.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I need a EGT gauge to see were it's at after driving/towing. I had gauges in my last Duramax and never needed a cool down as they fell fast one you started to come to a stop.

Welcome to the site!