• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

O2 sensor

Retired

Aug 23, 2018
Truck Year
Hello all

I could use a little help.

I have a 2014 ecoD with 48K miles. I managed to do the initial setup and run a scan with Torque Pro. One fault, P203E intermittent DEF level sensor.

A little background: I have one of those that will not indicate less than a 1/4 tank of DEF. When the level drops to 1/4 it will throw fault above and CEL. After adding 2.5 gallons of DEF, 3 days later the CEL cleared itself, another day and the DEF level gage went to 2/3 and working. But, I started to get emergency type regens, EVIC notice of XX% full keep driving type. In 4 years of ownership, I had only seen this message once before. Now there were three consecutive regens of the XX% type. Hence, I purchased a OBDII and Torque Pro. After I cleared the P203E, and got the app running enough to see the regens, they are back to the normal type. Great.

I am not too worried about the P203E. I believe I know why it is occurring, and how to avoid for at least a while longer. I may have lead on that problem and I'll continue that story after I chase it out a little more. Anyway, I cleared the fault and am in process of adding miles to the odometer to build other data that was cleared.

However, the other test that Torque pro runs there were components that failed. This is where I need help.

MID:$02 TID:$88 -- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2 -- Max:50 Min:32,768 -- Test result value:5 -- Fail

MID:$02 TID:$89 -- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2 -- Max:32,767 Min:32,767 -- Test result value:5 -- Fail

MID:$04 TID:$8e -- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 4 -- Max:50 Min:32,768 -- Test result value:65,535 -- Fail

MID:$04 TID:$8f -- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 4 -- Max:32,767 Min:65486 -- Test result value:65,535 -- Fail

I admit I am in over my head on this one and need a little help. Are these sensors that failed or are they just not in the vehicle? What should be the values? In short any and all info you can give concerning sensor, location, etc.

Thanks for any help.

Family vacation is less than a week and I am trying to get this resolved. I even scheduled an appointment at the stealership. That shows my desperation.