• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

obd2 tuning

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Most likely a couple months after the FCA/EPA settlement. New engine software and trans software is being released and it will take some time to figure it out. Using an OBD tool before that is pointless as the new software will render the tool useless. You could also email us at [email protected] for a quicker response.

GDE

John

Nov 13, 2015
If we already have the GDE trans tune, will it still work after the emissions software update?

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
If we already have the GDE trans tune, will it still work after the emissions software update?
I traded some emails with GDE. Here is the response:
The software will be changing for the recall which will require you to flash it back to stock before going to the dealer. If you fail to flash it back to stock first the tool will be rendered useless in that case.

After they do the recall you would need to do a tune update and send us the new READ from the vehicle after you erase the tool.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I emailed them they told me the same thing I told them my truck is a 2018 and not involved in the recall but they don't want to hear it I personally don't think they r ready yet for obd flashing

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
I emailed them they told me the same thing I told them my truck is a 2018 and not involved in the recall but they don't want to hear it I personally don't think they r ready yet for obd flashing
Are you talking about the trans or engine?

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
Nope, they are not ready for engine OBD tuning yet. Only place I have seen that with is PPEI. In the other thread, I am proving my experience with the process.
They just released the product, so the process has been a little clunky so far.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I know ….. there is some one I think in Vegas that has been obd tuning for a while already

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
I am not far from there. I have looked around and didn't find anything. If you find out for sure, I would be really interested in talking with them. There are some other mods I am looking at.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
did u read the obd2 posts one guy bought it I don't think they r ready either

John

Nov 13, 2015
I traded some emails with GDE. Here is the response:
The software will be changing for the recall which will require you to flash it back to stock before going to the dealer. If you fail to flash it back to stock first the tool will be rendered useless in that case.

After they do the recall you would need to do a tune update and send us the new READ from the vehicle after you erase the tool.
Thanks

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I traded email with them also my truck is a 18 so I wont b getting a reflash they still cant do it I don't think they r ready to obd2 flash the engine

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
We have tested the OBD solution(s) extensively and already know it works fine on all model year and on all the current available software versions.

For a few different reasons at this time we're sticking with the bench flash approach, also considering that in any given model year a customer might have one of 15 different software versions that were released and it becomes an involved process when telling the customer to go get it updated, then erase the tool in order to start over...

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
What happens when the owner experiences de-rate power codes pulls over and plays with the device and locks it up? and worst yet left his recovery files back home 300 miles away and its Friday Night, unless your seasoned at vehicle flashing and changes its best to leave that up to the experts...

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
I am not far from there. I have looked around and didn't find anything. If you find out for sure, I would be really interested in talking with them. There are some other mods I am looking at.
We've been doing OBD2 engine and transmission tuning for EcoDiesel RAM/Jeep since March this year.

If you get a flash now, then AEM we charge $50+ (additional options available) for your engine reflash and transmission retunes are 100% free!

Best part, you never remove or install anything from your vehicle, it's OBD2!
2min for an engine flash, 30 sec for transmission