• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil additive

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
Anyone run oil additive? In my old gas truck I was a big fan of the Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer, have not yet added it to any of my Ecodiesel changes...thoughts?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Anyone run oil additive? In my old gas truck I was a big fan of the Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer, have not yet added it to any of my Ecodiesel changes...thoughts?
Nope, and not saying I shouldn't. I just haven't in the last three modern trucks... I would love to know if it helps as if I can use anything to prolong the life of my vehicle, I will.

John

Nov 13, 2015
this is what is in the om

Materials Added To Engine Oil

The manufacturer strongly recommends against the addition
of any additives (other than leak detection dyes) to
the engine oil. Engine oil is an engineered product and its
performance may be impaired by supplemental additives

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I've never used any oil additives in any vehicle. I just keep the oil changed well within the service and use intervals.

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks for the replies. Like I said I have not used it in my Eco thus far and will continue with regularly scheduled oil changes

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
this is what is in the om

Materials Added To Engine Oil

The manufacturer strongly recommends against the addition
of any additives (other than leak detection dyes) to
the engine oil. Engine oil is an engineered product and its
performance may be impaired by supplemental additives

I've never heard of a case where an additive impaired engine oil. I've only heard of and know of proven cases that an additive improves engine performance. The best example is with the Ford 6.0 diesel. An additive such as Archoil's AR9100 is nearly a must to preclude stiction. I use AR9100 in my 2006 Ford F350 6.0 diesel and also in my 2016 Ecodiesel. It will not impair the oil and it cannot hurt the engine.

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I am running the Rotella T6 oil it doesn't get much better than that. I do not use any additives in my oil, I do use different fuel additives to compare mileage results. So far a couple ozs. of good 2 cycle oil in the tank had the same effect as an additive that claims it boosts cetane levels.