• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil life Indicator Sudden Drop

jcrheingans

May 26, 2022
Truck Year
I have a 2015 EcoDiesel and on the drive to work this morning the oil life indicator dropped to zero and said oil change needed. I just changed it 2700 miles ago.... Anyone seen this before? Is there a sensor that controls this that I should be checking?

jcrheingans

May 26, 2022
Truck Year
Just wanted to update for anyone who this might be a problem for. I changed the oil when it hit 3,800 miles and reset the counter and it has proceeded to count down at a normal level. Not sure why it went crazy to begin with but oil pressure never looked abnormal.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Just wanted to update for anyone who this might be a problem for. I changed the oil when it hit 3,800 miles and reset the counter and it has proceeded to count down at a normal level. Not sure why it went crazy to begin with but oil pressure never looked abnormal.
On your first oil change did the oil change reset actually take? My first oil change was done at the dealer, the last time as well, and I made it the 40 miles home when the "Change Oil" light came on. When I went to the indicator it showed 10K miles since last oil change, zero oil life remaining. I reset the monitor, three times before it actually reset. The reset issue has popped up a couple of times the last six years.

Good luck.

jcrheingans

May 26, 2022
Truck Year
Yes the indicator said the correct mileage (2700) so I know it was reset. I also have to reset two or three times in the driveway to get it to take!