• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil system

rodd

Mar 19, 2022
Truck Year
I have 152k miles on my 2017 ram 1500 and 38k Miles on the new engine ram put in under warranty. It was a spun bearing. Just shy of 30k I put and insane diesel bypass filter on and it appears to be keeping the oil clean however I had a Spinner II 25 centrifuge fall into my lap. I am thinking of swapping out the filter for the centrifuge since will clean the oil much better with no costly filter replacements. I was thinking of removing the oil pressure sensor and put a T there to split the sensor and the oil going to the centrifuge. The issue is the clean oil coming from the centrifuge is gravity fed, so it needs to be higher than where it is draining back into the engine. The bypass filtered oil drains into the oil filler cap. I could do that but the centrifuge will need to be higher that the oil fill, which may be difficult to do. I know some diesels have the turbo oil drain back into the block on the lower half of the engine. Anyone know if the ED's have a location lower in the motor where I can drain into? The other option I was considering was putting a small diesel/oil pump after the drain and pump it up to the oil fill. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Also the reason I don't delete is I am in commifornia.