• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P026D Code

gavin1f4

May 5, 2022
Truck Year
I got the P026D Code towards the end of a long 1200 road trip pulling a 30FT RV. A couple months ago I did the GDE tune. Does this code mean that I may have bad injectors? I am trying to figure out where to start with diagnosing this. I cleared the code and it has not come back yet but I am getting very bad fuel mileage right now. I was thinking it might be from bad Fuel possibly. I did fuel up at a very sketchy gas station once in Albuquerque that had fuel for $4.59. Is it difficult to pull injectors in this truck? Thanks.

EdWalliv

May 12, 2022
Truck Year
Got the same code yesterday driving from Louisville to Memphis. Cleared it, it came on again 100 miles later. Cleared it, came back on. Can’t seem to find any solid info on what it is/ how to fix it.

2016 Ram EcoDiesel Oudoorsman
138,000 miles
GDE Compliant tune

Divemaster5734

Nov 29, 2021
Truck Year
I got the code 10 minutes after filling up. Cleared it and 1 1/2 days later it came back on.
That was around 105,000.
Made an appointment at the dealer, but it was for two weeks out, so I cleared it again.
It hasn't come back, and there hasn't been any noticeable issues. I'm now around 107,000.
One thing to note, I have a 2014 Laramie Longhorn that I got new in 11/2014.
I didn't agree to accept the re-flash until the Swirl valve went out last year and the intake manifold needed to be replaced.
If you have the re-flash warranty your injectors are covered.
Not just that, but it will also cover the cost of the loner truck.
They fought me every step, it took a phone call to HQ, and getting transferred a few times.
In the end the factory authorized everything for the manifold.
When making the appointment for the injector code the dealer agreed to have a loaner for me without any issues.
As for the new tune, they must have fixed the original "fix" because even though there is a very slight difference in performance, unless you are running around flooring the pedal at every light you wont even notice it, and I went from averaging 19MPG to 23 MPG all around.

ItsAlive

Jul 21, 2017
Truck Year
I got the code 10 minutes after filling up. Cleared it and 1 1/2 days later it came back on.
That was around 105,000.
Made an appointment at the dealer, but it was for two weeks out, so I cleared it again.
It hasn't come back, and there hasn't been any noticeable issues. I'm now around 107,000.
One thing to note, I have a 2014 Laramie Longhorn that I got new in 11/2014.
I didn't agree to accept the re-flash until the Swirl valve went out last year and the intake manifold needed to be replaced.
If you have the re-flash warranty your injectors are covered.
Not just that, but it will also cover the cost of the loner truck.
They fought me every step, it took a phone call to HQ, and getting transferred a few times.
In the end the factory authorized everything for the manifold.
When making the appointment for the injector code the dealer agreed to have a loaner for me without any issues.
As for the new tune, they must have fixed the original "fix" because even though there is a very slight difference in performance, unless you are running around flooring the pedal at every light you wont even notice it, and I went from averaging 19MPG to 23 MPG all around.
Thanks for the info, I have a 2015 with the same issue (P026D). Did you fix it and did you ever get to the root cause of the code? I had my intake manifold replaced with the reflash a year ago and have the same warranty, but I want to avoid dropping off the truck as much as possible...