• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P04db

Castaxe

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
How hard is it to change the oil cooler and these engines? Went on a 4 hour road trip yesterday and had code p04db pop up for crankcase ventilation. I have been running a cft catch can for the last 2000 miles, checked it and it had a few drops in it.l so it wasn't full. My coolant doesn't look black but it does look a little darker than it used to and there is some black sludge stuck to the top of the reservoir. EOC stage one tuned and egr cooler recall done. Cleared code and it went away so we will see if it comes back. I'm suspecting oil cooler is about to go. Maybe the egr cooler is bad? Thoughts?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I had this code after upsizing my tires. In my research I found catch cans seemed to be the main cause of the code. But I don’t have a can do I started retracing what the hell would cause it all the sudden. The only thing I kept coming back to was the damn tires. I noticed especially when pulling a trailer my transmission would kinda lug the motor and I would get the code. I found manual shifting to eliminate the problem for the meantime. Also got it on a back road doing 55-65 seemed like rpms went low and unless I feathered pedal to get trans to shift it would throw the code. I was fiddling with my tuner one day and I Reset trans clutch values a few times and it hasn’t came back yet.

Castaxe

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
I am still experiencing this code off and on. I've driven the truck around 8,000 miles and done and oil change and I have had no oil in the catch can. This code will also trigger anytime I part the truck on an angle sloping up or down in relation to the front end. I have also had this code trigger after going through the car wash. Stock tire and wheel size. I'm stumped.