• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P2455

Castaxe

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
Just had my reluctor wheel and crank sensor replaced. When I got the truck back the mechanic told me I had a code p2455 that wouldn't clear. Diesel particulate pressure sensor circuit A high. Took it out on the highway for about 30 mins and cleared code. Let the truck sit for a few hours and took it for a drive and the code came back. I checked my exhaust bolts and they are rusty but it doesn't seem to be leaking. Wondering if I need to wait for an active regen to fix or maybe something got damaged during the repair. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I have OCD when I comes to check engine lights and I can't stand driving with one on my dash all the time.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Possible causes could be
-Failed exhaust differential pressure sensor
-Open circuit in exhaust differential pressure sensor circuit or loose connector contact
-Failed engine-ECU

My guess would be to check all your connections. When they removed the transmission they could have connected something backwards going to the pressure switch or the connection could be poor and when it’s hot it makes better connection

Castaxe

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
Thank you! Now I have somewhere to start. Will this cause any issues with the truck. I spent most of my available funds getting the reluctor wheel replaced. I might have to drive it for a little while with the code until I can buy parts if I have to.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
You may run into issues later down the road should the truck need to Regen, but if it went away and came back it may only occur when the exhaust load is nearing full soot load

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks for the info! I got the code to clear, crawled under the truck and found the plug for the differential pressure sensor wasnt plugged in all the way.
That was going to be my suggestion.

Broxius_Ecodiesel

Dec 11, 2022
Truck Year
Really wish there was a video showing where the connections one is looking for for this code as i cant find almost anything on which connections to check!