• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P245B Code Set

Hoof Hearted

Mar 2, 2019
Truck Year
2015 Ram 1500 EcoD with 80.k miles. A P245B code had set at 45.k miles and I cleaned the EGR diffuser tube and freed up the stuck EGR bypass valve. The check engine light (CEL) auto-cleared shortly thereafter. Same code just came in at 80K. and I repeated the diffuser tube cleaning, but the bypass valve seems to be free and moving good with the vacuum actuator. But the code has not reset after 100 miles of driving. My ScanGauge will not reset the code. No ill affects while driving with the CEL on. I am up for the settlement, so I can't delete egr. I think the EGR system is covered under the consent decree extended warranty, but is not covered now I don't believe. I have no aftermarket extended warranty. Any suggestions?