• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P24AE

Markk

Aug 4, 2018
Truck Year
My check engine light has been on for 3 months on and off for the past 2 weeks hasn't went off. Had is in for a diagnostics and this code came up. 4 shops come up with same answer nothing wrong just keep wiping the code. The truck only has 55000 miles on it. This code is related to the def system and dealership said def system have been giving everyone problems. Has anyone else had this issue and what was the solution? The truck goes back in Tuesday to different dealership for another diagnostic and seeing if they can figure it out. Thank you

John

Nov 13, 2015
The code is related to the diesel particulate sensor and most likely needs to be replaced. The code is not related to the DEF system.

Markk

Aug 4, 2018
Truck Year
The code is related to the diesel particulate sensor and most likely needs to be replaced. The code is not related to the DEF system.
Thank you I will suggest this when I take it in this Tuesday.

martinypita87

Feb 27, 2019
Truck Year
Mark, did your truck had the same problem? Did you replace the particulate sensor and code went out? did you take it to the dealer or any shop could gave done that? If so was it expensive? My warranty is out

W Royalty

Apr 19, 2019
Truck Year
I was having same issue with 2015 Ram with 52,000 miles. I cleaned egr return tube and installed GDE hot tune with regen monitor option. P24ae has disappeared and soot level has been increasing at 1% every 10 miles. I monitor with Edge Insight. My driving habits are generally 15 - 20 mile trips and the short trips don’t allow the engine to regen dpf. Before hot tune soot level increase was approximately 3 times what I am seeing now and I likely never completely finished a regen before shutting down engine. Lots of other advantages to the hot tune. I am seeing an increase in fuel economy of about 2 mpg.

The attached pictures are the egr tube before and after cleaning.

Attachments

• 270AFC68-216F-491B-8B46-66AF6EBE80DC.jpeg
    270AFC68-216F-491B-8B46-66AF6EBE80DC.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 107
  • F78C781B-E565-428C-9EA1-6EE58D43AD3A.jpeg
    F78C781B-E565-428C-9EA1-6EE58D43AD3A.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 106

Twjimison

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
Just bought a 2015 ram and check engine light came on with This code. I am new to a diesel so how are u checking the soot level

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Just bought a 2015 ram and check engine light came on with This code. I am new to a diesel so how are u checking the soot level
Others with this code have noted that in their case the Particulate Matter Sensor was knocked off the frame rail. Have you been out in the mud? Crawl underneath your truck and look before and after your DPF, it will look somewhat like an oxygen sensor. It is kind of hard to see. If it all looks good and the sensors are properly seated and undamaged, let us know.

Twjimison

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
Others with this code have noted that in their case the Particulate Matter Sensor was knocked off the frame rail. Have you been out in the mud? Crawl underneath your truck and look
Others with this code have noted that in their case the Particulate Matter Sensor was knocked off the frame rail. Have you been out in the mud? Crawl underneath your truck and look before and after your DPF, it will look somewhat like an oxygen sensor. It is kind of hard to see. If it all looks good and the sensors are properly seated and undamaged, let us know.
[/QUOTEbefore and after your DPF, it will look somewhat like an oxygen sensor. It is kind of hard to see. If it all looks good and the sensors are properly seated and undamaged, let us know.
No I have only had the truck two days. I don’t off-road but I will def look for the sensor your talking about. The light actually went off so idk. I am gonna try cleaning the eve return tube also

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
366.00from ram. 256.00from Chevy tune it for that price and your codes will b done

Stillnotaknight

Dec 29, 2019
Truck Year
Hey all, thanks for all the valuable insight! I had the P24AE code on my Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel (same 1500 engine). Cleaned the sensor and the EGR tube, cleared the code and she’s purring and back to full power!

Attachments

• EEFCC5A1-EB6D-4F25-BFBF-2C41F607DBA4.jpeg
    EEFCC5A1-EB6D-4F25-BFBF-2C41F607DBA4.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 5FAEC6C9-EA69-45BB-9B5C-8B6871F77AC8.jpeg
    5FAEC6C9-EA69-45BB-9B5C-8B6871F77AC8.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 64

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey all, thanks for all the valuable insight! I had the P24AE code on my Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel (same 1500 engine). Cleaned the sensor and the EGR tube, cleared the code and she’s purring and back to full power!

Wow.. amazing how much can build up there isn't it?

epeko

Nov 23, 2022
Truck Year
Thank you to all on the forum for suggestions. Just cleaned the EGR tube and MAP sensor after getting a P24AE code. I thought the soot on the tube would be bad after 74K but there wasn't that much. The sensor, however, was caked and completely encrusted. So for the price of a can of cleaner, I'm back in business and noticing the idle is lower and some pep back on acceleration. Dealers in the Trenton area had no openings for 3 weeks, and that would only be for diagnosis with repair to be scheduled afterwards. Really?