• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pedal Commander

LtNevels

Feb 2, 2020
Truck Year
Has anyone installed the Pedal Commander on their Ecodiesel, and if so, what is your experience with it? Would you recommend?

HazMonkey

Oct 30, 2019
Truck Year
I would recommend. i installed one on my 2019 after almost getting t-boned . it makes a world of difference.

StrokerAce

Apr 18, 2019
Truck Year
Have you done the AEM update? you may find you don't need the Pedal Commander. It pretty much eliminated my pedal lag, truck moves the second i press the pedal.

kwkabbes

Feb 28, 2020
Truck Year
Have you done the AEM update? you may find you don't need the Pedal Commander. It pretty much eliminated my pedal lag, truck moves the second i press the pedal.

Is this the most recent ram recall update? What steps did you take to get this done? I hate the most recent update! The lag is so bad it's a joke.

StrokerAce

Apr 18, 2019
Truck Year
Yes, i just had it done mid Jan, How long ago did you have yours done? My Brother in Law had his done last Fall and his Lag is as bad or worse then before. I told him to go in and have it done again, I believe the latest re-flash has something to do with that pedal lag. I'm pretty sure it is called a "Rapid Response Item" Not an actual recall but the update is VA7 for that. I did not ask for anything special, i just noticed the lag was gone the second i stepped on the pedal in the dealers lot. I believe if you got your VO8 done early, or the guys did not check it was not part of your reflash. See post 82.

khopem5

Nov 25, 2019
Truck Year
Yes, i just had it done mid Jan, How long ago did you have yours done? My Brother in Law had his done last Fall and his Lag is as bad or worse then before. I told him to go in and have it done again, I believe the latest re-flash has something to do with that pedal lag. I'm pretty sure it is called a "Rapid Response Item" Not an actual recall but the update is VA7 for that. I did not ask for anything special, i just noticed the lag was gone the second i stepped on the pedal in the dealers lot. I believe if you got your VO8 done early, or the guys did not check it was not part of your reflash. See post 82.

I had mine done and January and the lag is still there ?!....the turbo sounds different did you happen to notice that at all?

StrokerAce

Apr 18, 2019
Truck Year
I had mine done and January and the lag is still there ?!....the turbo sounds different did you happen to notice that at all?

Interesting, and no my turbo does not sound different at all. I would call and ask them if they did the VA7 update. Now i had no idea that there was a VA7 action item until i got home after they did my V08 update and did some research because i noticed the peddle lag was gone. If you call I would ask for the service manager and not talk to one of the desk advisers, or stop in if it is convenient.

BigHornBender

Mar 12, 2020
Truck Year
Bought one a couple months ago for 2018 ram and I love it. I luckily was able to find a used one on facebook marketplace and got it for 150.00 instead of the 300.00 the website charges. I was hesitant at first but im telling you makes a big difference.

HoochRam

Apr 29, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone installed the Pedal Commander on their Ecodiesel, and if so, what is your experience with it? Would you recommend?
I installed one a few days ago. All was good for the first couple of days with a noticeable difference. After a couple days though my check engine light came on and the service throttle control showed. I cleared it a couple times with my OBD2 , but eventually could not get rid of it. Disconnected the pedal commander and it was fine