• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Power folding mirrors? Are they real?

Jason Feller

Sep 14, 2018
Truck Year
Just picked up the truck and have the button on my drivers door that has the folding mirror picture. When you press it nothing happens.

I do have the tow mirrors that rotate, but didn’t think that it would effect the power fold.

Thoughts/guidance before I take it in. Only mine for 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob 2018 Laramie

Jul 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have the folding mirror button too but I don’t have the big tow mirrors. Laramie package. Mine roll in and out nice but I hardly ever use it. I do love the courtesy lights in my mirrors at night. They light up the whole area around the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawaii_Built

Oct 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed

John

Nov 13, 2015
I'm pretty sure the tow mirrors don't have the power fold option. Maybe they are aftermarket or installed after purchase. Does your truck have the trailer brake controller in the dash?

eric bell

Sep 27, 2018
Truck Year
I'm pretty sure the tow mirrors don't have the power fold option. Maybe they are aftermarket or installed after purchase. Does your truck have the trailer brake controller in the dash?
It didn't have the trailer brake controller so I had the dealer install one ($820). It didn't come with the tow mirrors either & put on 2" convex mirrors, but not good enough. That's why I need advice for a better add on mirror.

John

Nov 13, 2015
It didn't have the trailer brake controller so I had the dealer install one ($820). It didn't come with the tow mirrors either & put on 2" convex mirrors, but not good enough. That's why I need advice for a better add on mirror.
Sorry, I was replying to Rob 2018 Laramie. I didn't even see your question in this thread.

Veefer99

Feb 7, 2019
Truck Year
Wider trailer mirrors were never offered as a power ones option. Only manual fold. If they are installed on a truck with power switches on a door panel it means at one point someone has replaced power mirrors with trailer mirrors or wrong kind installed at the factory- highly unlikely as electrical test of the vehicle's system would have caught such problem. I work on the production line of one of the big 3 auto plants and I'm familiar with such system checks which are part of the production process.