• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PPEI TUNING AND DELETE

Guerts

Mar 4, 2020
Truck Year
Hey guys I’m new to the page just looking for some info, I got a 2016 dodge ED, I’m currently waiting on PPEI Tune and want to delete the egr and def and straight piping now this is my first time so just by getting the tuning I’ll be able to instal a turbo back exhaust and delete the egr with the kit?

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Hey guys I’m new to the page just looking for some info, I got a 2016 dodge ED, I’m currently waiting on PPEI Tune and want to delete the egr and def and straight piping now this is my first time so just by getting the tuning I’ll be able to instal a turbo back exhaust and delete the egr with the kit?
Once you’re tuned, you should be able to delete with no issues.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
is ppei back in business they were closed down by the epa

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Tunes that go through certification that require extensive testing and data analysis. Kory has talked a lot about this on FB and making the investment to sell tuning legally. I don't know the process and requirements like he does... but, I do know some bigger companies are going this route now to relieve some government pressure.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its a long painful process, that's NOT including the OEM's lawyers that will take action the instant something is approved.

Of Course Illegal tuning is NOT protected, COC programing is.

I can see it Now using our equipment that's protect by law. OEM's COC is for every vehicle that's manufactured by them, theirs no way for the aftermarket to COC every ECM manufactured by a third party much less the AECD's.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Tunes that go through certification that require extensive testing and data analysis. Kory has talked a lot about this on FB and making the investment to sell tuning legally. I don't know the process and requirements like he does... but, I do know some bigger companies are going this route now to relieve some government pressure.

"emission compliant" tuning is just another disclaimer some companies are starting to use. Same as 'off-road racing use only'. Emission certification requires running the FTP75, HWFEC, US06 and SC03(AC2) test cycles and all the results must be within regulation limits. One must also test the worst case vehicle configuration (weight, tires, axle, drag, etc). There are two methods the EPA offers here. 1. Reasonable basis testing conducted at an EPA approved emission lab showing all tests are in the box. 2. Obtain CARB EO, this process is long, expensive and it seems CARB is still learning how to handle each vehicle application.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
GDE, Had access to NEW ECM, The In box I take is your ECM (Purchased) installed in NEW/USED vehicles that are COC?, IMO this will meet EPA and OEM Standards. Hmmm, How is download tuning ever to make it pass the Standards that both OEM and the EPA have in place?

If your waiting on Emission compliant ON Road Use (COC) Tuning VIA Download Most likely will Never Happen.

GDE I tip My hat to your efforts.

Don't waste your time or $ on CARB.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If you purchase New ECM that meets COC and keep your OEM ECM what law or Rule broken?

Warranty is the only issue I see, and theirs NO law(s) that state you can't brake your warranty. Who' really cares about warranty? The owners that care about warranty are the ones that will wait until the warranty is up, or near up before modding or tuning anyways.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
TC Diesel,
Once we finish the emission certification testing, the new tunes will be delivered via a flash tool, I am not sure we will continue with the ecm exchange as it adds cost. For sure, warranty can be voided with tuning, but with our tune we expect the engine to have fewer field issues as the stock tune is very sub-par.
Keep in mind, we are not doing a full cert like the OEM. We consider these vehicles to be 'in-use' and as long as we include the deterioration factors and 'diesel adjustment factors' to simulate full useful life, only emission tests are needed. There are no rules for demonstrating OBD compliance, but we will run a unified cycle (with regen) to show all the monitors are supported and pass.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
"emission compliant" tuning is just another disclaimer some companies are starting to use. Same as 'off-road racing use only'. Emission certification requires running the FTP75, HWFEC, US06 and SC03(AC2) test cycles and all the results must be within regulation limits. One must also test the worst case vehicle configuration (weight, tires, axle, drag, etc). There are two methods the EPA offers here. 1. Reasonable basis testing conducted at an EPA approved emission lab showing all tests are in the box. 2. Obtain CARB EO, this process is long, expensive and it seems CARB is still learning how to handle each vehicle application.

Thanks for sharing!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
My guess its no more than Pressure tuning, it will add HP that's about it, equal to Banks Bullet/Derringer.

It would need to come with COC to be on road compliant.