• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Preheat Flashing

Coders2

Aug 1, 2019
Truck Year
So I've got a CEL for P06BD cylinder 5 glow plug circuit range/performance. My question would one think that it's that actual #5 glow plug or would it be a bad sensor on #5?

On my first start up of the day I get the flashing "wait to start" and it'll remain on until I shut down the truck. Every start up afterwards I no longer have the flashing symbol. Of course the CEL stays throughout, but haven't notice any performance difference.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Had the same song and dance. Ended up being glow plug bud. Dealer should get it no problem. If they fight and bitch and complain take it to an actual diesel shop.

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
Make the dealer do the work if a warranty applies, I wouldn't pay for any work out of pocket if I don't have to.

rpols7

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
Had the same symptoms on my 2016 but mine was for #3. I changed the glow plug and everything is good.