• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Progress: Ecodiesel build option!

Jackylegs

Jul 7, 2017
We have progress!!!! Albeit small. Previously, when "building your own vehicle" (day dreaming) the ecodiesel option had a "late availability" caveat. Well no more!! The Eco option is apparently available and the inventory near me has trucks available. However, when contacting the closest dealer that inventory is not available. Salesmen "Mark" from South Hills Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat says within 60 days... So hopefully relatively soon.

Which leads to the moral dilemma of if the eco is worth it? I realize there are potential issues, some significant. But overall I like the Ram the best but only if it has the eco (and associated mileage). When pared with how long I will be keeping my next vehicle I think it might make the best sense?

Pros: mileage, best of the three (in my opinion)
Cons: major engine malfunction leaving you financially and geographically stranded and potentially financially ruining my family... :unsure:

Feel free to aid my decision making process in anyway!

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
It is not available nor has it been available for an entire model year's production. The used eco's are sitting on the lots with no interest shown from buyers. That should be all you need to know.

Jackylegs

Jul 7, 2017
Sorry, maybe my writing wasn't clear enough. Only the option to build is available on the website. But as stated, inventory is not yet available.

Nevertheless, MSP548, what would you suggest in place of the Eco? I don't love either the Ford or gm styling, and mileage is another huge factor. I realize one doesn't buy a truck for the mileage aspect but the Eco offers / offered a great alternative.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Sorry, maybe my writing wasn't clear enough. Only the option to build is available on the website. But as stated, inventory is not yet available.

Nevertheless, MSP548, what would you suggest in place of the Eco? I don't love either the Ford or gm styling, and mileage is another huge factor. I realize one doesn't buy a truck for the mileage aspect but the Eco offers / offered a great alternative.
I don't have any regrets with my 2015 order and purchase. 52k later still happy. Used the Warranty for a couple tailgate caps but that's the extent of it.

I don't know what dealer inventory looks like, I just read that the epa build hold seems to have been lifted with some sort of resolution coming to light in the future