• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pumped 93 in my ecodiesel

Giuseppe

Jan 27, 2016
Truck Year
not paying attention I pumped a half of gallon of 93 in my ecodiesel. My tank was empty and I filled the rest with diesel. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Honestly, I would start with draining the tank, then changing the filters. Fill up with #2 diesel and then some additive for a little extra protection.

John

Nov 13, 2015
In my opinion 1/2 gallon of gasoline in 26 gallons of diesel will not present any problems. You could add a bottle of any lubricating diesel additive if you want as it couldn't hurt.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
In my opinion 1/2 gallon of gasoline in 26 gallons of diesel will not present any problems. You could add a bottle of any lubricating diesel additive if you want as it couldn't hurt.

I'm to OCD to think about having any gas in there, these things are just to picky.. My father pumped a full tank of gas in his Duramax a few years ago.. that was fun. He asked why it was knocking after 1/2 mile from the station. :rolleyes:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
1/2 gall on 26 Gallons of Diesel with continue fills ups at 5 Gallons for 5 or six times and all will be well.
No need to worry just keep it full for some time, Over the years I've had many calls on this. The worry zone is 25-1, 1 or more gallons is the danger zone before it sounds wired 20-1 and it knocks 20 -1+ Knocks bad.

Jonsthasn

Jul 30, 2017
Truck Year
I did the same thing 87 octane almost a year ago. Filled it the rest of the way with diesel, had no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonD49

Jul 23, 2017
Truck Year
not paying attention I pumped a half of gallon of 93 in my ecodiesel. My tank was empty and I filled the rest with diesel. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated
Years ago, adding some gasoline to diesel was considered a valid fuel treatment in the winter. Can't remember the ratio but it was a lot higher than .5 gal in 26.