• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Question about gear indicator

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Is Alfa OBD capable of changing the parameters of the gear indicator, I would like the indicator to turn on when I start the truck. With the factory default I have to hit the gear- button on the wheel to illuminate it & then the gear+ button until it shows 8 to allow the transmission to upshift normally. Just more an inconvenience than anything & I just like to know what gear I'm in & have things ready for a manual downshift if needed.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
The Edge Insight CST2 monitor will give you that info plus it will show if the torque converter is locked or not.
In the att pic it is the top right readout, show I'm in Park and torque converter TCL
Edge Screen.jpg

Last edited:

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I have an old CTS INSIGHT & it worked great on my Duramax, but that PID isn't available for the ECO, I have a scangauge 2 installed & it will show it but would prefer it on the dash display.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
That picture of my CTS2 is on my 2016 Eco

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Mine isn't a CTS2. I updated it before installation also.

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
I’ve been going crazy trying to figure this out. I just got the alpha obd and also installed torque pro on an old phone. I got nothing. I had the optional forced gear option done by GDE, which is rad to lock the truck into a particular gear but I have completely lost the ability to now just monitor what gear it is in while driving around.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
I may be reading your post incorrectly, but at least from the point of getting the trans into "normal" auto shifting, if you are in the manual shift mode, you don't have to shift it manually through all the gears to get it out of manual.....just hold the plus button down and it will shift to auto mode.
Not sure about how to get it to start up in manual. Mine always starts in auto.

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
I may be reading your post incorrectly, but at least from the point of getting the trans into "normal" auto shifting, if you are in the manual shift mode, you don't have to shift it manually through all the gears to get it out of manual.....just hold the plus button down and it will shift to auto mode.
Not sure about how to get it to start up in manual. Mine always starts in auto.
So what I’ve been trying to do is get the gearshift numbers to show up all the time. So far, what I’ve been able to do is get them to go away so they don’t show up at all. The paddle still work to shift between gears, but i just can’t see it anymore. What I’m trying to do is the opposite, be able to see the gears all the time. I’ll keep playing and report back