• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

RAM RECALL

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
OMG is FCA finally listening to us, or to NTSB?? Looks like there's an egr cooler recall in the works coming, due to the "few fires" - ha that's a joke, FEW? About time FCA does something about it! Hopefully they find a fix and not just put the same POS egr cooler back in...

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
about time fmc is doing something about the fires other than burying their head in the mud

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I had mine replaced in Feb, it was about 2-2.5 hrs if they actually have a proper diesel mechanic on site, probably 4 if there's some mechanic that doesn't know the difference between a diesel and a gas engine working on it...

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
This is getting crazy! Crazier!
Egr cooler started leaking on my 2016 with only 20k mi 2 weeks ago.
Fca says they will help me pay for the repair on friday and my cost will be 700. They new there was a recall surely.
Wth

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
The tune may turn of the egr but unless the cooler is deleted, it can leak still I would think.
IMHO the cooler is defective in spite of a tune but to be wise and careful is easy

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
I also have a 2015 BMW with the 3.0 diesel engine, they had a recall a few months back for what may be the same thing. It was an inspection of the EGR cooler with a borescope and some parts removal, if they found evidence of seepage, a leak they replaced parts, it was not a bring it in for your new cooler etc, so sit back and see what the recall really is

John

Nov 13, 2015
The ED recall is for a replacement on all trucks with the suspect EGR. Don't expect a borescope exam.

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Mines leaking now and they (fca) said the repair cost is $3500 and I would need to pay 700.00 because they were only allowed to assist a maximum of $2500.00.
There is the problem right there!
They can't do simple math!

I'm only 30 days out of the 3 year warranty with 20600 mi.
With the problems fca has on this ED, I would think they would want me to buy another someday.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
This is getting crazy! Crazier!
Egr cooler started leaking on my 2016 with only 20k mi 2 weeks ago.
Fca says they will help me pay for the repair on friday and my cost will be 700. They new there was a recall surely.
Wth
I don't believe they knew there was a recall. The dealers are usually the last know,
I have a relative who is a General Sales Manager and a great Service manager and neither had heard of the recall until I showed them the article announcing it.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
OOPS! Sorry, I missed that. I have no idea about customer care but it wouldn't surprise me that they didn't know either.

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
To me it's all about courtesy.
In my situation and many others with super low mileage and just out of warranty.
Fca should have given the buy back option.
I know it isn't profitable in the short term but wow, they would and still could have super life long customers.
This is my first Chrysler product ever.
Wonderful ride but not good enough to chance again unless fca gets off their ass soon.
They could still turn this thing around. I'm sure their saying to themselves, if we do one we have to do all. I've been a business owner and this ain't how it works to get repeat business.
IMHO
I get you though, the contact may not know.

I'm still inside lemon law miles and wondering if the soot issue is a nonconforming issue as related to the laws in Arkansas lemon law

JAMES2014

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
I wonder if the egr has been reengineered or if they will replace with same defective engineered parts.