• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ready to delete my 2016 Ram Eco

GModlish

Mar 26, 2020
Truck Year
So I've done the research and all things considered, I believe it will be better for my engine, my finances, and the planet if I delete my Eco. I'm not a super mechanic but can follow directions and think through a problem. Any suggestions as to whether or not to attempt this myself (any rarely used tools or major equipment needed?) or go to a performance shop? If this can be done in a home garage, what are the best delete kits and tuners? I've looked at Sofa King and read up on GDE but that is Canadian so not sure if that's the best way to go or not. All feedback is welcome.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I did my egr and it’s pretty straight forward with basic tools. The dpf and exhaust delete I will be doing soon, everyone reccomends getting a new clamp for turbo down pipe because stock one will break. That’s a dealer purchased item, but seems like it’s pretty basic to complete the proceas

Solution MHB

Aug 20, 2020
Truck Year
I’m new to the group, I’m hoping to read that there’s a perfect tune and delete with a combination of add ones like exhaust and cold air intake.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Perfect tune IMO is defined by the buyer. I enjoy SKT, where as others have gde’s old hot tune. Hd diesel seems to be popular also. At the price of tunes it’s not practical for many to buy multiple tunes and review them all. If it allows for dpf and egr removal for your off-roading needs, then it’s a “perfect” tune in my books. As for exhaust, DSL DOESNT really care About size, size refers to sound if I’m not mistaken. There’s many kits online for exhaust testing pipes and egr blank off plates, I’d recommend a stainless pipe and pretty much any kit for egr plates. TC DIESEL and JOHN has more knowledge on the subject than me

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I'll disagree on pipe size, airflow is critical to overall performance, it has to do with volumetric efficiency. I've always loved the sound of an inline CUMMINS OR MACK on straight pipes, each has it's own distinct "tone", I've heard some people say that an eco on straights don't get much louder, but diesels run queiter(exhaust sound) than gas engines anyway.