• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

rebuild kits

Wesley Lantz

Apr 7, 2018
Truck Year
Has anyone ever rebuilt these motors. since the my engine is going to need rebuild and since i have almost 160,000 miles i do not think there is any warrenity that will cover the rebuild so my question is has any one ever bought a rebild kit for these engines? any info would be great. please help me out guys

ALAN HIIESALU

Jan 31, 2017
Truck Year
Has anyone ever rebuilt these motors. since the my engine is going to need rebuild and since i have almost 160,000 miles i do not think there is any warrenity that will cover the rebuild so my question is has any one ever bought a rebild kit for these engines? any info would be great. please help me out guys
I am doing my motor right now, It is a big job. I suggest going slow. TAKE PICTURES TAKE PICTURES and watch the Youtube vides as they are a big help. Place hardware in bags and mark each on as to were they went. Remove the front end and dissconnect all the eletrical connections carefully dont force. Remove all hoses, alternator, Oil filler part and starter. remove fule lines and mark them remove wire harness remove injector pump. Remove egr valve and the is on bolt in the rear that is impossible. I sawed the bracked to get it removed (welded it back together) Remove all cab bolts and eletrical connertors under cab remove steering colume bolt. I jacked my cab frount up about 8 inches. (i have 4wd) remove the bolts from bell housing and were the starter motor was put a socket in there and remove bolts connecting tourqe converter. Un screw Ox sensor on exast tube and remove exast tube. and remove sensor to turbo (Haveing the cab lifted makes all this all easy and you wont go nuts). After every thing is dissconnected lift the motor up and have a jack under the transmission use some ply wood to protect plastic transmission pan. as motor goes up transmisson will go up with it, help it with jack. The motor only has to go about an inch forward to be clear of transmission. I put the motor on a harbor freight dolly $25.00 as it work best veres an engin stand. Rebuilding tips. For me the motor is pretty easy to dissasemble reassemble. I tried to attach the service manual wont let me. The manual has all the steps needed to do a rebuild. A few things when removing oil pan make sure you dissconnect crank sensor connection The flex plate center bolt is remove clock wise. dont remove the the sensor it self. At this point make sure the reductor has not failed. Remove sheetmetal heat sheilds TAKE PICTURES TAKE PICTURES. Remove Injectors and cap the inlet so dirt dust wont enter. Mark each injector as to were is goes as each injector is programed to the ECU. New injectors need to be coded if replaced. Remove Remove intake (it will be filthy due to EGR) Remove turbo be careful with hoses fitting connected to it. I am not telling all the steps here or in precise order. the service manual needs to be followed. Remove valve covers front front covers that are siliconed in place ( special silicone is used to reassemble) Losen bolt on cam shaft were gear is that drives the CP4 injection pump, remove timing chain followers use a pin to hold tension in place or they will pop out. Remove all cam shaft clamps and mark each one so they reassemble exactly as they came apart (get it wrong and no good) remove all roller rockers and mark each one TAKE PICTURES keep rockers upright wile stored. The motor will be filthy due to EGR. Wipe off as much as you can.( so you dont become a grease monkey) I will stop here. Imprortant points Head gaskets are marked 1 hole 2 hole no hole get an exact match and make sure the head gasket has all new bolts as the old ones will be streached. Get a DPTOOL timing kit about $100.00 amozon and get a set of head alignment plates for the heads. They keep the heads even to the block. The CP4 PUMP need to be timed #1 cylinder TDC on compression stroke crank locked with DPTOOL -65 degrees
When you get motor back in truck I suggest getting a THINKDIAG Diagnostic device to check codes to see if every thing was reconnected correctly. The THINKDIAG also lets you check fule rail pressure and it will allow the input of injector codes into the ECU. About $75.00 highly rated. I will have a YOU TUBE vid up loaded soon. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• 3.0 ecodiesel injector pump install.pdf
    920 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year

Do not attempt UNLESS you're very familiar with Bed plate spec's....also This engine needs correct line boring and Bearing spec's.

ALAN HIIESALU

Jan 31, 2017
Truck Year
where did you get. Parts are impossible to get. Since my CP4 locked up all the rockers broke on passenger side. Got lucky with valves as they move vertically to the piston hits and rockers break easy. No valve damage. But needle bearings fell into pan and had to remove them. Mopar only had head gaskets. $500.00 had to get a head on Ebay to salvage rockersAt first I ordered a shot block from Mopar $3500.00 a few days later the refunded my money. No longer available. A new motor $9000.00 and a year to get it. In my case had to replace entire fuel system. I did not rebuild bottom end. Looking for another Eco diesel that has a CP4 failure. Maybe some one wants to sell.