• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Recently bought 2016 ecodiesel

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
Bought a 16 ecodiesel 50k miles 3 weeks ago from a Nissan dealership. Check engine light came on for the 2nd time, they tell me it's the egr cooler and it's $2100 just for the cooler. Its currently at a Dodge dealer and the Nissan dealer I bought it from told me to let them look at it, and maybe they can help me out on the price. Just wondering if there is anything I can do or am I just screwed?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
50k miles? It is under the emissions warranty until 80 thousand miles. Then after the recall, it will have another 4 years of warranty. The dealer may look up gas engines not diesel and say it is not warranted. but it is!

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
50k miles? It is under the emissions warranty until 80 thousand miles. Then after the recall, it will have another 4 years of warranty. The dealer may look up gas engines not diesel and say it is not warranted. but it is!
It's got 50 thousand miles. Dodge told me it wasn't under warranty

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
The SCR and DPF are covered under the performance emissions warranty but not the EGR

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
ask them to call FCA, there was an error in the book that was corrected. Or you can wait til the court order is signed on the 5th of May and it is again covered by the settlement.

Creepkeeper 351

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 16 and had the same problem. After multiple trips to the dealership and computer re-boots I went to an independent mechanic and after getting the 10 to 12 codes he said there is a vacuum line issue. He popped the hood and traced the lines and found a vacuum line had become separated in the front of the engine on the passenger side. Free fix, the dealer told me the same thing as yours did. 20 k and no check engine light.

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
Do you rem
I have a 16 and had the same problem. After multiple trips to the dealership and computer re-boots I went to an independent mechanic and after getting the 10 to 12 codes he said there is a vacuum line issue. He popped the hood and traced the lines and found a vacuum line had become separated in the front of the engine on the passenger side. Free fix, the dealer told me the same thing as yours did. 20 k and no check engine light.
Do you remember any of the codes your truck was reading? I'm getting a P04DB code: crankcase ventilation disconnected. It's losing coolant to a certain point in the resivior but not having any problems other than the check engine light, truck is running fine so I'm wondering if it isn't something just unplugged or clogged.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Code P04DB? I think that means you need a new oil vapor sensor which is part 5146806AD, which is discontinued. Makes you wonder what happened to it.

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
Code P04DB? I think that means you need a new oil vapor sensor which is part 5146806AD, which is discontinued. Makes you wonder what happened to it.
I'm not a mechanic by no means but I do have general knowledge and understanding and resources to figure it out but idk what's going on with this truck ha. You think it would hurt anything to clear it and carry on? And does that code have anything to do with losing coolant or EGR?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I'm not a mechanic by no means but I do have general knowledge and understanding and resources to figure it out but idk what's going on with this truck ha. You think it would hurt anything to clear it and carry on? And does that code have anything to do with losing coolant or EGR?
Is there oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil? That would rule out the oil cooler. what I read (this code has been discussed here before a few times) is it is related to the oil vapor pressure sensor and the oil cooler misbehaving.

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
Is there oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil? That would rule out the oil cooler. what I read (this code has been discussed here before a few times) is it is related to the oil vapor pressure sensor and the oil cooler misbehaving.
[/QUOT
Just had my oil cooler changed. No oil or coolant where it shouldn't be. Filled the resivior yesterday and coolant has gone down to a certain point but the truck is running fine other than the code. Well it does skip a little bit on initial start up

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
and not to question the fine work at most dealerships, but did they change the oil? Other than that I would watch it to see if it keeps going and then I suspect your EGR cooler.

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
I tried to upload a picture but they topped it off yesterday and it's only a 1/4 full now. I wonder if they can replace it before the recall comes out

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Makes me believe nothing was ever wrong with your oil cooler...

Message TC Diesel and ask him what he would do about the claim. I still believe the EGR and cooler are under warranty until 80k.

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
Haha I'll quote them....."found vehicle loosing coolant, found signs of coolant in oil. Inspected oil cooler assembly and took psi reading. Oil pressure in spec. Found that cooler is causing coolant to enter oiling system intermittently when vehicle is at operating temp." Also had a P0521 code along with the ventilation code

Creepkeeper 351

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
Do you rem

Do you remember any of the codes your truck was reading? I'm getting a P04DB code: crankcase ventilation disconnected. It's losing coolant to a certain point in the resivior but not having any problems other than the check engine light, truck is running fine so I'm wondering if it isn't something just unplugged or clogged.

I am not sure, I don’t remember all the codes. My truck ran perfect when the check engine light was on. The list of faults were very random. Hope it is a plugged line or vacuum line, good luck!