• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reluctor Wheels

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
I would think not as it's an Italian motor.

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
The reluctor wheel is in the process of some sort of recall replacement. So hopefully in the near future these replacements will be paid by FCA and hopefully also those like myself who have paid for this repair will get it refunded.

dennisvab

Nov 17, 2016
I’m installing a new long block on mine in the next week or so. Can’t even order it now. I believe they’ll be available mid December.

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Have you considered the crate motor or used off car-parts interchange? The crate came with new high pressure fuel pump, injectors, new turbo all expensive items plus 24 month unlimited mileage warranty and little down time for exchange. What at first brush might seem Expensive provided good value.

With 371k on the Original when it lost the head gasket all that stuff was well worn and could have been subject to fail. 365k on the replacement so it’s panned out. Fellow Transporter just turned 400k on his unmolested ED.

Attachments

• 4736C306-A10B-44EF-9004-88C891F1E903.jpeg
    4736C306-A10B-44EF-9004-88C891F1E903.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 8

dennisvab

Nov 17, 2016
I did consider it. I would have loved to get that crate motor, I couldn’t justify making it work. I got the long block for $3,600 after core is returned. I only have 59k miles on the truck. I was close to getting a used engine from a dismantler on car-part. I’m spending another $1000 or so on gaskets, glow plugs, new intake manifold, and a few other wear items. At the end of the day this truck will be in great shape hopefully for many more years.