• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Remote Start for 2018 Ecodiesel Laramie

TylerHFD

Apr 28, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Has anyone used the existing wiring to install the OEM remote start? I would rather buy the hood latch for $33 and a key fob for $25 than the whole kit for $238. I see the plug under the radiator bar but can't seem to locate the ground wire that needs to be connected next to the battery. Thanks for your help!

TylerHFD

Apr 28, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks for the reply! But I can't seem to locate the ground wire that needs to be connected next to the battery. Is it already connected? Was the purple wire already ran through the fire wall and plugged into the BCM? Thanks for your help!

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
You would have to program the fobs to your truck too wouldn't you? That in itself is damn pricey.

2015Ram1500

Apr 27, 2019
Truck Year
You would have to program the fobs to your truck too wouldn't you? That in itself is damn pricey.
I had two remote start keyfobs complete setup and backup steel keys cut for $166. $45 for key fobs from Amazon 😎

TylerHFD

Apr 28, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I had two remote start keyfobs complete setup and backup steel keys cut for $166. $45 for key fobs from Amazon 😎

By complete setup, do you mean they setup the remote start function or was that previously installed? Was this at a locksmith?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
2 fobs 2 keys 1 hood latch a wire30.00 for prog and key cut plus 85,00 for the kit ebay

2015Ram1500

Apr 27, 2019
Truck Year
By complete setup, do you mean they setup the remote start function or was that previously installed? Was this at a locksmith?
My 2015 had remote start they just had to setup the FOBS Yes at a locksmith they have a key programmer that plugs into the ADB port and does all the set up.