• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Research on upgrades

Pizza04

Mar 4, 2018
Truck Year
Ok so I came up with a list of add-on upgrades. I wanted to post it here and get your thoughts. At a minimum I want to go turbo to muffler straight pipe and completely wipe out the EGR system. Basically delete and tune. But I’m finding all of these cool products out there. I’m not loaded$$$. I’ll post a picture of the list it’s basically some websites. CFT performance seems pretty legit. Items with an asterisk are what I want to add on and items with a heart are minimum add on. I guess I’m trying to figure out if I’m better off going all out or not, also wish I had a good tuner in Nebraska?

5c0a7d9513d478f0d42274c318ebf5e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Cac delete is a complete waste of money if you plan on a aftermarket intercooler and pipes eventually. The flo pro race pipes work decent and are aluminized. The cft exhaust is T304 with a flex joint in it. Both kits leave the stock muffler and tailpipes in place. Just a fyi cft performance is basically a one man show so not everything well ship immediately but Josh tries to ship quickly.

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
CAC delete may not be valid on your truck depending on the year. I have a 2017 and they removed that muffler tube on the hot side so it’s not necessary. That was straight from CFT as well

Borbet

Jul 4, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have 700 miles on my truck. I have already bought my turbo back. Buzzken. Stainless steel with flex joint.

Borbet

Jul 4, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I am using a programmer I have never read about in a Dodge forum as well. I have German diesels with deletes, and I am going with these suppliers for my Ecodiesel.

Pizza04

Mar 4, 2018
Truck Year
Do you have a good website for me to check out?

Pizza04

Mar 4, 2018
Truck Year
Will the programmer you found work with the ecu? I hear you have to pull it (the ecu) and have it reflashed to update any tunes?

Borbet

Jul 4, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
It is a Canadian company. Try chiptuning.ca. Yes the ecu must be bench tuned.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The bench tuning equipment is $$$$. Unless you have a lot of money, or you do it for a living, buying that equipment is probably not worth the money.

Last edited:

Borbet

Jul 4, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I can't comment on the tune for the ecodiesel because I have yet to do it. The pipes are hanging in the garage. I don't even know how well they fit.
I can tell you the tunes on my German Diesels are spot on. I was trying to wait for the first oil change before tearing into it. Past actions would indicate differently. I will give you more info after.

Greenkaiser

Aug 18, 2018
Truck Year
I installed the CFT catch can in my 17 ED and it keeps tripping a code.