• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service electronic throttle body message

Owen Curtis

Feb 17, 2018
Truck Year
loaded my family up, closed the garage door through the home link and headed down the hill. I forgot something so backed up the hill at a fairly quick speed. When I got to the top, the garage door opener wouldn’t work. Seemed really wierd but ignored it. Took off and noticed the. Check engine light and the service electronic throttle body lights were on. It will not go above 1800 rpm (approximately.) tried shutting it down and restarting twice. Truck is 3 months old, 6,000 miles

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its probably Just missed communications, Or bad MAP sensor, have the dealer clear the code and recalibrate the APPS. I doubt you have enough miles on to plug the MAP sensor.

Owen Curtis

Feb 17, 2018
Truck Year
so I took it to the dealer today. they havent diagnosed it yet, but it has to open recalls. one for the a transmission diagnostic and shift enhancement, and one for a powertrain diagnostic and system enhancement. the guy i was talking to thought that updating these would fix the issue.

I will be extremely annoyed if everytime they come out iwth a recall it sends my truck into a disabled mode.

it drove fine still (drove it to work at 70 mph), it just wouldnt create any boost. slower than my 91 4runner!

Owen Curtis

Feb 17, 2018
Truck Year
just to close this loop - dealership flashed the truck to fix the two outstanding recalls, everything works great again. hopefully this is the last time I get this message!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Awesome , keep the MAP sensor Clean Check it at about 12K Miles.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The MAP is the manifold Pressure sensor, it gets all sooted up and throws codes

Attachments

• ED map sen.jpg
    ED map sen.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 3.0 ED engine (2).jpg
    3.0 ED engine (2).jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 23

Owen Curtis

Feb 17, 2018
Truck Year
ok, gotcha. and the GDE tune limits the EGR to slow down how fast the MAP gets covered in soot right?

I would have hated to have the GDE installed and then need the flash today.

Owen Curtis

Feb 17, 2018
Truck Year
Ive been enamored with the GDE performance tune, although it is illegal to buy it here in California. I have an office in Utah and washington but still not sure it is worth it for me living here.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
We'll I fought that battle of the 3.0 Soot and lost. its battle I know in long term ownership in most cases is going to be costly.

I foamed My intake every 10-12K and the final outcome was ugly the last cleaning. I admit defeat.

If I was going to keep My ED (I'm Not) I settled with FCA back in late 2016 to return My ED on new purchase, I'm waiting to see the final decision on the DOJ/EPA case and the 2019 outlook.

It only cost $50.00 for the GDE re-flash.

If You plan on Keeping the ED Just Purchase New ECM, or find a savage Title ECM and Send it to GDE.

Get Your Sales Code / Line sheet and the Unlock codes ASAP form your selling dealer and keep them safe.

Owen Curtis

Feb 17, 2018
Truck Year
We'll I fought that battle of the 3.0 Soot and lost. its battle I know in long term ownership in most cases is going to be costly.

I foamed My intake every 10-12K and the final outcome was ugly the last cleaning. I admit defeat.

If I was going to keep My ED (I'm Not) I settled with FCA back in late 2016 to return My ED on new purchase, I'm waiting to see the final decision on the DOJ/EPA case and the 2019 outlook.

It only cost $50.00 for the GDE re-flash.

If You plan on Keeping the ED Just Purchase New ECM, or find a savage Title ECM and Send it to GDE.

Get Your Sales Code / Line sheet and the Unlock codes ASAP form your selling dealer and keep them safe.

thanks TC Diesel, I think I will keep this one in 3-4 years. I love the truck but do not want to mess with this lil 3.0 out of warranty. because of this, I think it probably isn't worth it to mess with the GDE.

what is the sales code and unlock codes?