• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Electronic Throttle Control.

Coadja62

Dec 3, 2022
Truck Year
I hope someone can help me out there. I have a 2019 eco diesel and the red light came on and the message is to "Service Electronic Throttle Control". It came on and doesnt shut off. I can put my foot into the Throttle and it feels like I'm forcing it. It'll sound like it's Reving up but won't move. I was able to get it home, and tried to reset the Throttle Control but to no avail. Any suggestions. It has just over 60,000 miles on it or 109,000kms

Diesel Powered

Oct 28, 2022
Truck Year
Hello. I had the same message and I fixed mine this weekend. It requires you to service the EGR tube and the MAP sensor. They get soot and carbon built up. It is an easy service that you can perform yourself. Just remove the EGR tubing from the EGR cooler to the throttle body and clean it. Then you remove the MAP sensor located behind the throttle body. Its held down by one torx bolt. Clean it but be gentle with it. Performing this cleaning restored the power on my 2017 Ecodeisel Ram.

SeanPwnery

Nov 30, 2022
Truck Year
What a coincidence, this is exactly what I'm doing this morning!

I've had the little red lightning bolt on the dash 3 times now. The first time was a week after I bought it, and it went away after keying off and doing the shopping. Keyed on, it was gone. Friday night on the way home from work, exact same situation. Last night, exact same situation. I thought mayby cleaning up the stepper motor would be in order too since the throttle plate works a bit like an LS one (at least that's what I've been led to believe).