• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service electronic throttle control

Just-a-guy

Jan 2, 2022
Truck Year
I have a 2019 ED that recently hit 164,000km on the odometer and last week in ontraio it was pretty cold (-35c)
I started my truck to warm up every thing was fine until i got on the highway, then of courice the dreaded "service electronic throttle control" light came on and it wen into limp mode, i checked the code and it was "turbocharger under boost" i cleared the code and continued on my drive to work, only for the service electronic throttle control light to come back on only this time it was a turbocharger over boost code and EGR excessive gas flow code, i made it to work and after work i decided to clean the egr recirculation tube and the Manifold pressure sensor.....no wonder it was mad at me

Attachments

• 20230204_130129.jpg
    20230204_130129.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230204_130103.jpg
    20230204_130103.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 14

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Your entire Plenum is cake with soot Just Like the Map sensor and Tube, it's only time before it effects the swirl Valves in the plenum and eventually It will warp the intake valves, or continue performance issues, you clock is ticking replace the plenum before it leaves you stranded.

Attachments

• Ecodiesel_Clogged_Plenum_intake.jpeg
    Ecodiesel_Clogged_Plenum_intake.jpeg
    349.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Ecodiesel_3.0_intake_Plenum_sooted.jpeg
    Ecodiesel_3.0_intake_Plenum_sooted.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 12

Just-a-guy

Jan 2, 2022
Truck Year
Thank you for the info, is there any way to de soot the intake if i take it off?
Your entire Plenum is cake with soot Just Like the Map sensor and Tube, it's only time before it effects the swirl Valves in the plenum and eventually It will warp the intake valves, or continue performance issues, you clock is ticking replace the plenum before it leaves you stranded.